David Ortiz shot (in stable condition)

Tyronnosaurus

44 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Even if I were poor as dirt and dropped out of school in 6th grade, I’d know that 8K (that will be forfeited) for the right to immediately go to jail for life is dumb. It’d be one thing if they actually had a getaway plan but the guy went into a crowded *** bar and shot the guy point blank!

Poor =\= stupid. Or maybe it does idk anymore

Not stupid, just desperate. Plus like, when someone like this tells you "do something" you can't exactly say "no". 

4 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Even if I were poor as dirt and dropped out of school in 6th grade, I’d know that 8K (that will be forfeited) for the right to immediately go to jail for life is dumb. It’d be one thing if they actually had a getaway plan but the guy went into a crowded *** bar and shot the guy point blank!

Poor =\= stupid. Or maybe it does idk anymore

The average wage for a poor laborer in the DR is between 3-6k pesos per month per google.  That’s 40-60k pesos per year.  So 400k pesos, which is $7800 USD, may very well be 10 years of pay for a poor street kid in Santo Domingo. 

Lets say in the US the average middle class family makes 50k a year.  So we’re talking arguably the equivalent of half a mil... a lot of people would risk going to jail for life for half a mil in cash, tax free, today.

3 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Not stupid, just desperate. Plus like, when someone like this tells you "do something" you can't exactly say "no". 

Plus this was very clearly botched

Like you have to think the success rate for assassinations where you are holding a gun 3 feet behind the target and get a shot off into them is pretty high 

Not to mention the guy literally had a motorcycle with a driving waiting to speed away and police in the DR are not known for being the most reliable (look what’s going on with these Americans getting ya boomed at that resort) 

bottom line this clearly didn’t go according to plan.  The plan wasn’t lets shoot him, he lives, and we get our *** beat