KD's injury is his achillies

Thelonebillsfan

Sidenote:  Kyrie Irving has been linked with Kevin Durant for a while now.  They were supposed to go to a team together.  I'm assuming that will change now.  Maybe this re-opens the door for him to go to the Lakers in the case he wouldn't want to go the Knicks or Nets by himself.

Just now, showtime said:

Sidenote:  Kyrie Irving has been linked with Kevin Durant for a while now.  They were supposed to go to a team together.  I'm assuming that will change now.  Maybe this re-opens the door for him to go to the Lakers in the case he wouldn't want to go the Knicks or Nets by himself.

Kyrie is locked into the Nets. Barring some under the table ****ery of unprecedented proportions.

The Knicks have only one real option left, keep tanking and hope you get lucky.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

They said before the game he was going to play in short bursts, but he played 12 out of 14 minutes with only 1 break.

The Warriors have said a lot of things - including misleading how serious Durant's injury was.  Guy shoudn't have even played tonight.  Everyone assumed he would be on a minutes restriction, or as you said play in burst.

This was straight up a business decision by the Warriors.  Winning > the well being of your best player.

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Kyrie is locked into the Nets. Barring some under the table ****ery of unprecedented proportions.

The Knicks have only one real option left, keep tanking and hope you get lucky.

Something like this might change this, though.  Kyrie and Durant have been linked together for quite a while now and that made sense.  Now, that's most likely not going to happen.  Durant may pick his option up and remain with Golden State - or even if Durant signed with the Knicks or Nets, Kyrie might be there alone for now and there's no telling how Durant comes back from this injury.

A report just came out today saying that Anthony Davis wants to play for the Knicks or Lakers.  The Lakers can get Anthony Davis and sign Kyrie Irving.  And they still have LeBron.

That's all I'm saying.  This injury to Durant maybe opens up doors that were not open previously.

So let me see if I'm following this right..............

He had a calf injury - which looked a whole lot like some sort of achilles injury - but nobody was saying exactly what it was.
He comes back - and leaves with a true achilles injury?

What are the odds we learn he had a strained achilles the entire time?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

He had a calf injury - which looked a whole lot like some sort of achilles injury - but nobody was saying exactly what it was.

Nah a calf strain greatly increases the odds you damage you achillies. It's structurally compromised which means your body overcompensates. Most achillies injuries you see are actually because someone blew a quad or a calf and tried to push through it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Has there been any history with the GS organization or training staff that would indicate them botching this entire thing?  Weren’t people scratching their heads when Klay was held out of game 4?

7 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah a calf strain greatly increases the odds you damage you achillies. It's structurally compromised which means your body overcompensates. Most achillies injuries you see are actually because someone blew a quad or a calf and tried to push through it.

Yeah. Just read up about it on the Mayo Clinic website and they're closely related. So best case scenario the team explained the possibility that further injury could entail the achilles getting hurt and KD made the call.

5 minutes ago, Leader said:

So best case scenario the team explained the possibility that further injury could entail the achilles getting hurt and KD made the call.

The team doctors cleared Kevin Durant to play tonight.  You just said that maybe Durant made the call.... what call?  He was cleared by the medical staff.  If he wasn't cleared, he wouldn't have played.  This is very simple.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

The team doctors cleared Kevin Durant to play tonight.  You just said that maybe Durant made the call.... what call?  He was cleared by the medical staff.  If he wasn't cleared, he wouldn't have played.  This is very simple.

If the medical staff explained the possibility of his calf injury "expanding" to an issue with his achilles........then its the player's call IMO.

Would it have been an almost impossible call? Given the team's on the ropes in the Finals? Yes.

I dont have a dog in this hunt - but I'd have been fine with Durant saying "No Mas" till next year.

Edited by Leader

I think there is a lot of overreacting. He’s gonna get a 4 year max offer from every team in the league with cap space. 

Hes gonna miss 9-10 months and return in time for the playoffs next year. 

If boogie can come back as big as he is, Durant will be fine. No way he’s opting in. Warriors will max him out of guilt if nothing else. 

If he opts in or resigns with the warriors it’s gonna really hurt them. Puts them way over the tax and doesn’t give them a player. 

I don’t think this changes much other than Durant not being around next regular season.