KD's injury is his achillies

Thelonebillsfan

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

If he opts in then he loses over $6 million next season.

Then never mind I just assumed he’d be making more but now that I think of it I remember him taking less and everyone patting themselves on back for doing something so noble to be in GS. 

2 minutes ago, champ11 said:
57 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Iirc he said something nice about KD then used the snake emoji lmao

yeah he coulda been using it in reference to mamba since it was a nice tweet otherwise but dumb regardless lol 

if you're going to go the KD is a snake route, it has to be some corny pun about how snakes don't have feet.

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Seriously. Both Jalen and Windhorst reported that his workout on Thursday went super poorly. Then only 3 days later he goes through a super short practice session and he's good to go?

The Warriors did him no favors at all during his injury. Reports and stories were being written throughout his injury about his heart, desire, and of the team was better without him, and the first time any non-player says anything defending him is after he tears his achilles. Joke of a response from Bob last night.

I mean the team isn’t fully practicing anyway. So itd be difficult to gauge how he is feeling. He rushed back and played due to circumstances. But I don’t think he was pressured by teammates to come back or even management. I think maybe he wanted to prove something for himself and to others. 

Reports are reports man wouldn’t put too much stock into it. I mean his team has always rejected the notion that they’re better off without him. Bob Myers is rarely available to media during this period of the season anyway. 

My man Murray lol. KD is a damn snake, screw him and never let him forget it....  but got damn don't be taking shots after learning how serious he's been injured. In all honesty though bet it's just a mamba thing, like oh KD's a killer, yeah, mamba mentality baby, etc.

People blaming everybody but KD here is BS. It's the Finals. You really think it's that easy to stay out of it if you feel there's any chance you can play? Also let's not act like KD and his entourage are a bunch of idiots. You think he just blindly listens to whatever the team tells him, especially when his contract is about to expire? Doesn't get second opinions or at least input from his trusted guys before going out sub-100%? I see no foul play here. KD wanted to be out there, GS wanted him out there. FWIW I hate the Warriors far more than KD, no reason for me to stand up for Warriors if I was letting bias talk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, braylon said:

Oh my lol. Maybe since Kobe also tore his achilles? I don't know, no matter how I try to figure out his logic it doesn't make much sense lol.

I phucking hate social media

a guy puts a little picture of a cartoon animal and its supposed to mean something

11 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can someone explain why achilles injuries are so serious long term and are such a blow to explosiveness? Unlike most injuries, I can't really conceptualize achilles rupture... in that I don't know how it would happen or what it would prevent me from doing. Give me an ELI5

Its just heavily used in power/speed production. It absorbs force when you land, it provides power when you push off the ground. It's usually devestating. Wes Matthews is a pretty comparable case since he's around the same age as KD and actually recovered fairly quickly from his. He never regained the speed/explosiveness he had before his injury and was a shell of his former self. The one thing KD definitely has going for him is that even if he loses his speed/explosiveness he will still be a near 7 footer who can shoot the lights out. 

I don't think KD will be a top 5, maybe not even top 10, player again but he could very easily still be an absolute lights out shooter. I think where the biggest downgrade will be is his defense and ability to get to the rim at will. 

• Like 2