KD's injury is his achillies

Thelonebillsfan

LOL, man some of these KD takes are hilarious. He legit relies on athleticism less than any other mega perimeter star. As far as blowing by people? He doesn't just do it off his quickness, he does it with his handle and the threat of his shot. Now, not saying he has no quickness because he clearly does for his size, but it's not the biggest factor. Definitely will need to hit the block/elbow area more, but no reason he can't develop into a Dirk type of player from that area. 

Feel as confident with KD as any other ball player suffering this type of injury. He will be back being elite in the 2020/2021 season. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

LOL, man some of these KD takes are hilarious. He legit relies on athleticism less than any other mega perimeter star. As far as blowing by people? He doesn't just do it off his quickness, he does it with his handle and the threat of his shot. Now, not saying he has no quickness because he clearly does for his size, but it's not the biggest factor. Definitely will need to hit the block/elbow area more, but no reason he can't develop into a Dirk type of player from that area. 

Feel as confident with KD as any other ball player suffering this type of injury. He will be back being elite in the 2020/2021 season. 

If he puts up 23/7 he is still an Allstar. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's doing more than just putting up 23/7 and in the 2020 season though. Durant isn't averaging less than 25 PPG and he will still be super efficient. 

Well, for one he will be older and usually the MPG go down after the achilles tear. So even if he doesn't rely much on his athletic ability, he won't be able to play 35 minutes per night efficiently most likely. Btw Dirk averaged 24 in his prime from early 2000s to 2011/12. Durant added a few shots like the one legged fade away. He still will be a very good player. That said, I think less usage and less minutes and him getting older will be the reason why he will drop down from an MVP to an Allstar. About 23 PPG in 32 minutes or so is very realistic to me. Considering he is 7 feet and he is incredibly skilled he won't fall off like Kobe, I agree with that.

14 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Well, for one he will be older and usually the MPG go down after the achilles tear. So even if he doesn't rely much on his athletic ability, he won't be able to play 35 minutes per night efficiently most likely. Btw Dirk averaged 24 in his prime from early 2000s to 2011/12. Durant added a few shots like the one legged fade away. He still will be a very good player. That said, I think less usage and less minutes and him getting older will be the reason why he will drop down from an MVP to an Allstar. About 23 PPG in 32 minutes or so is very realistic to me. Considering he is 7 feet and he is incredibly skilled he won't fall off like Kobe, I agree with that.

25 points to KD comes EASY....Easier than anyone in history. Even if his minutes are around 33 a game, he will still get to the 25 point mark. Also remember, good chance he leaves the Warriors so his shot attempts will be closer to OKC than in GS. 

To say he won't even be a top 10 player once he returns is..........questionable at best. 

6 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

25 points to KD comes EASY....Easier than anyone in history. Even if his minutes are around 33 a game, he will still get to the 25 point mark. Also remember, good chance he leaves the Warriors so his shot attempts will be closer to OKC than in GS. 

To say he won't even be a top 10 player once he returns is..........questionable at best. 

I’m 100% with you man.

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Its just heavily used in power/speed production. It absorbs force when you land, it provides power when you push off the ground. It's usually devestating. Wes Matthews is a pretty comparable case since he's around the same age as KD and actually recovered fairly quickly from his. He never regained the speed/explosiveness he had before his injury and was a shell of his former self. The one thing KD definitely has going for him is that even if he loses his speed/explosiveness he will still be a near 7 footer who can shoot the lights out. 

I don't think KD will be a top 5, maybe not even top 10, player again but he could very easily still be an absolute lights out shooter. I think where the biggest downgrade will be is his defense and ability to get to the rim at will. 

Matthews somehow came back in 7 months. Don’t know if he rushed the comeback or not but he didn’t stay out too long. KD doesn’t have to rush back. I think y’all are selling KD short on what he will return to. It is a real possibility that he can be at least very close to the same player again.

4 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Dirk averaged 22 ppg at 35 years old.  KD still going to finish top-3 all time in scoring easily if he wants to.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't feel confident in saying he will be a top 3 player. Top 5-7, yes.