Best 2019 Offense and Defense

dll2000

56 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Balancing statements:

Rushing has low correlation to winning

Your LBs are trash, you guys cant cover any TE

I do think to start the season you guys will be an unstoppable machine. I highly doubt youll stay healthy enough to maintain it with how old you are at key spots (OL, WR, TE on offense alone)

Bradham and Zach Brown aren't trash. Running does have a correlation to winning, just not as much as the passing game. When you were literally one of the worst teams in the league in rushing last year and you can climb at least to middle of the pack, it's going to open up the passing game.

The Eagles just have so many large bodies who can box out and make big catches. Alshon, Ertz, Goedert, JJAW. Deep threat in DJack, and Slot guy in Nelly. Obviously injuries do happen though. I'm most worried about injuries occurring on the O-Line more than anywhere else, fortunately we have Andre Dillard as a backup to Peters now instead of Big V.

50 minutes ago, Buckweath said:

With Tyreek Hill missing just a few games, unless injuries happen, the Chiefs are a rather safe bet to be the top offense in the league. I mean you're talking arguably the top QB in the league and definitly the best receiving corps in the league, plus Andy Reid.

Their only loss on offense is center Mitch Morse but it seems like they have an adequate replacement in Austin Reiter and then they added Mecole Hardman who is actually projected to be quite productive in his rookie season.

If Hill was to miss the whole season, which I don't think will happen, the Chiefs would be right in the mix for top offense in the league IMO but not necessarily the favorite.

I was looking at fantasy ADP and rankings and you can tell people think that Chiefs offense will be again a juggernaut.

I certainly don't think it will be as good as last year though.

Whoa whoa whoa.

Lets let Mahommes play a couple more seasons before we cal him the best in the league. 3rd best? Absolutely but Drew Brees and the #1 guy Tom Brady are still playing great and have earned those top 2 spots. I love me some PM, but i think thats a bit much. To be fair, you said arguably and im okay with that.

I listed a bunch of reasons they might not be. You just listed some very good reasons why they might be. I like the rebuttal.

On 6/20/2019 at 10:00 AM, SBLIII said:

alright, real top 5 scoring defense and offense prediction:

defense:

1) Baltimore Ravens

2) LA Chargers

3) Jacksonville Jaguars

4) Chicago Bears

5) New England Patriots

offense:

1) Atlanta Falcons

2) New Orleans Saints

3) Indianapolis Colts

4) New England Patriots

5) Kansas City Chiefs

The thought process is that Baltimore despite the losses will play a ball control offense, have an elite secondary. The Chargers have plugged more holes and were 8th last year. The Jaguars get more from their offense, the Bears will still be top 5 and the Pats were very close last year as 6th and get now in with an even stronger secondary.

Just missed: Dallas Cowboys

The thought process is that Atlanta has it clicking under Koetter like they did in 2016 with an improved OL and the best WR core in the league. The Saints still have 2 elite weapons on offense, Payton, Brees and the OL is healthy again. The Colts with a healthy Luck will be good. Patriots will be top 5 as always and the Chiefs drop off like everyone historically great offense but they will still be a force.

Just missed: Cleveland Browns

This is exactly how I see it. Couldn’t make a single correction to your top 5... well I would try and incorporate the Eagles into it somehow, but those offenses are all difficult to remove. I might put the Eagles in at 3 and then move the Colts to 6 on the outside looking in. But I could easily see either scenario playing out.

Edited by diamondbull424

On 6/20/2019 at 7:25 AM, Matts4313 said:

Your LBs are trash, you guys cant cover any TE

Not sure about this past year but Bradham was ranked as the PFF #1 coverage LB after the 2018 season. Zach Brown was ranked as the #3 4-3 LB this past season. One could argue we have a top 5 LB corps.

Or are you just saying that LBs are largely irrelevant in today's game?

53 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not sure about this past year but Bradham was ranked as the PFF #1 coverage LB after the 2018 season. Zach Brown was ranked as the #3 4-3 LB this past season. One could argue we have a top 5 LB corps.

Or are you just saying that LBs are largely irrelevant in today's game?

PFF ranked Zeke the 33rd best RB. 

Their rankings are straight garbage. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I mean, he’s no Austin Ekeler.

Tight ends averaged 41.3 ypg and scored two touchdowns against us last season including playoffs.  Not bad at all.  

We really struggled to cover wrs last year, but also had the most injuries among defensive backs.

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

1) Zeke's position is irrelevant anyway so who cares ... (you did this to yourself)

2) What are you basing your opinion off of regarding Philly's LBs?

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 3

Best Offense

Eagles-  Stud QB with big game experienced receivers and TEs.  Howard is no slouch.  Some talented rookies and a top 5 OL that might be the most experienced in the league.  

Best Defense

Bills-  I think they're a sleeper to be the Bears of this year.  So much talent here. 

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

1) Zeke's position is irrelevant anyway so who cares ... (you did this to yourself)

"Point 3: That doesnt mean that running or running backs arent useful"

Its sad that you cant even make it to point 3. Illiterate Eagles fans, SMH

5 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

2) What are you basing your opinion off of regarding Philly's LBs?

Eyeball. Ive never really been impressed, but maybe that bias speaking. 

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"Point 3: That doesnt mean that running or running backs arent useful"

Read better. 

I get it man.

I’d be having an anxiety attack and make threads trying to secretly credit my QB too if I knew my team was about to make Dak the highest paid QB in nfl history.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

When my "crazy" predictions dont look so crazy once the season gets rolling, i expect some back pay on the rep points. 

I wouldn't call calling a defense that ranked 6th in ypg last year, the best defense in ypg in 2019 crazy.