Top 100 Player Countdown for 2019

DoleINGout

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

#15 Patrick Mahomes

Quarterback on the Chiefs. Potentially the best quarterback in the league by simply reducing the amount of times he fumbles in addition to maintaining poise when the Chiefs are losing late in the fourth quarter. Tied for the second highest single-season total of passing touchdowns ever and did it in his first season starting.

I guess there's no need to argue this after seeing the top 10....

11 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

If something is widely considered as common knowledge, it's typically the job of the person on an island to prove their argument. And you used stats where a ton of different variables come into play. Question though. If your sole argument are these stats where he's not in the top 10, are you saying he's not a top 10 QB? Because you said he should be in the teens in the rankings. Which is it? If he should be in the teens, are you factoring in, ya know, his past?

WHats common knowledge, that hes top 10 right now? Why are you opposed to making a case for him know when earlier you used 6 sbs and being the goat as reasons why hes going to be so good in 2019. THose have nothing to do with it. WHat stats do you want me to use, besides useless ones like winning a SB in 2003? Pretty sure I used almost every relevant passing metric there is. Oh, and if thats not enough, can you point where I said he should be in the teens? 

1 hour ago, GSUeagles14 said:

WHats common knowledge, that hes top 10 right now? Why are you opposed to making a case for him know when earlier you used 6 sbs and being the goat as reasons why hes going to be so good in 2019. THose have nothing to do with it. WHat stats do you want me to use, besides useless ones like winning a SB in 2003? Pretty sure I used almost every relevant passing metric there is. Oh, and if thats not enough, can you point where I said he should be in the teens? 

Yeah, you didn't say he should be in the teens. I read that statement wrong. At any rate...

You're talking about his past like I'm using accomplishments from 10 years ago to justify him as a top 10 player today. He just carried his team to the Super Bowl in 3 consecutive years (winning 2 of them) and won MVP 2 years ago. So if we can agree that saying MVP = best player, he was the best player in the league a mere 2 years ago. This past postseason, he lit up the Chargers defense, then won a shootout vs Mahomes at Arrowhead. You bring up stats like Brady's ever given a damn. He checks at the line all the time. If he determines at the line that he should check to a run, that's what does. He's always the smartest person on the field. That's what keeps him in the top 10.

Are you sure you want to base your opinion solely off nfl.com stats and ignore intangibles and recent history? Because you'd essentially be saying that Kirk Cousins is currently > Brady. Think about it...

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Yeah, you didn't say he should be in the teens. I read that statement wrong. At any rate...

You're talking about his past like I'm using accomplishments from 10 years ago to justify him as a top 10 player today. He just carried his team to the Super Bowl in 3 consecutive years (winning 2 of them) and won MVP 2 years ago. So if we can agree that saying MVP = best player, he was the best player in the league a mere 2 years ago. This past postseason, he lit up the Chargers defense, then won a shootout vs Mahomes at Arrowhead. You bring up stats like Brady's ever given a damn. He checks at the line all the time. If he determines at the line that he should check to a run, that's what does. He's always the smartest person on the field. That's what keeps him in the top 10.

Are you sure you want to base your opinion solely off nfl.com stats and ignore intangibles and recent history? Because you'd essentially be saying that Kirk Cousins is currently > Brady. Think about it...

yes production matters. Brady checking to a run doesnt change the majority of those stats, can you expand your point there? Why would brady checking changes his int%, td%, y/a, etc? I dont care about one games samples, or what he did that time when he played ______. And what do you mean ignore recent history, whats more recent than the 2018 season where he production was only above average? I never said intangibles dont matter, it just doesnt raise up Brady from having the year he had all the way top a top 10 player. I mean you havent even really presented an argument of why bradys top ten now without saying "but look what he did years ago".

12 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I mean you havent even really presented an argument of why bradys top ten now without saying "but look what he did years ago"

Then you should probably read what I wrote again. I'm clearly stated the last 3 years 2016 - 2018 in which he's been a top 10 player each year, won the MVP award less than years ago, and has been the QB leading his ever-changing team to 3 consecutive Super Bowls. That's another thing that supports the argument of him being a top 10 player. The roster constantly changes, key players are out for the year, yet the team still wins. The only constant is him and BB.

15 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I never said intangibles dont matter

You're strongly implying intangibles aren't that important. Being smarter than every other player you compete against is kind of a big a deal.

16 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

it just doesnt raise up Brady from having the year he had all the way top a top 10 player

You say the "year he had" like it wasn't that good of a year... He just went to his 3rd consecutive Super Bowl and won 2 out of the past 3 years LMAO

2 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

Pretty sure I used almost every relevant passing metric there is.

The metrics that imply Kirk Cousins is currently superior to Brady. Just commit to your argument, man. Just say you think Kirk is better than Brady right now and I'll say "agree to disagree then."

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Seriously though, man. Why are Tua and Trevor Lawrence in the top 2 spots? I really don't know if that was meant for another thread or if you're screwing with us lol

And freaking Stephon Diggs and Clowney and Gordon...

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Seriously though, man. Why are Tua and Trevor Lawrence in the top 2 spots? I really don't know if that was meant for another thread or if you're screwing with us lol

The whole top ten you saw was to screw with ya'llz

4 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Then you should probably read what I wrote again. I'm clearly stated the last 3 years 2016 - 2018 in which he's been a top 10 player each year, won the MVP award less than years ago, and has been the QB leading his ever-changing team to 3 consecutive Super Bowls. That's another thing that supports the argument of him being a top 10 player. The roster constantly changes, key players are out for the year, yet the team still wins. The only constant is him and BB.

You're strongly implying intangibles aren't that important. Being smarter than every other player you compete against is kind of a big a deal.

You say the "year he had" like it wasn't that good of a year... He just went to his 3rd consecutive Super Bowl and won 2 out of the past 3 years LMAO

The metrics that imply Kirk Cousins is currently superior to Brady. Just commit to your argument, man. Just say you think Kirk is better than Brady right now and I'll say "agree to disagree then."

and ive said over and over 2016 is irrelevant. SBs are irrelevant, its a team thing... I mean, here did you rank Eli Manning the year after he won? Obviously top 10 overall, right? Im saying elite intanglibles does overcome only above average intangibles to be a top 10 player overall. And he didnt have that good of a year, you can say "But, but he won the SB" all you want but the fact is statistically it wasnt all that great. Sorry you dont like that, sorry you seemingly dont want to use any stats, sorry you feel like you have to try and manipulate what I said (already flat out lied about 1 thing). I mean, lets try this again, ive already asked, but whats your case for Brady without bringing up SBs? What stats do you think are relevant (and sb record would fall under the previous stipulation, even if it is considered a stat).