Top 100 Player Countdown for 2019

DoleINGout

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

That is what I meant. I was typing these up as I was posting so I must have put the incorrect information by mixing up the timeline.

Fair, it happens. I agree, I think Watson around the mid 50s is fair, but he's got the upside to jump up into that 20-1 range...

...where he'll join DeAndre Hopkins. xD

4 hours ago, dtait93 said:

Kevin Byard, Jurrell Casey, and Taylor Lewan should all be on here.

Casey was on the list initially before doing more careful research on many other players. Absolutely an argument is there to be made for Casey in a 'top 100' heading into 2019.

Lewan was considered strongly in addition to Casey however Casey to me has a stronger case to be made at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if Lewan becomes better in 2019 and is good enough to be a consensus top 100 player looking ahead in 2020. I am expecting Casey to improve on the performer and leader he was in 2018 to easily land himself somewhere in this list at some point this season.

On 6/14/2019 at 12:19 AM, NJC33 said:

I've actually always felt that Swearinger was underrated because of his reputation

Same.

, but man, you aren't giving Jamal Adams nearly enough credit.

Maybe not, but I tried to be as accurate and objective as I could be given what I had to use for reference including what I've seen from games against the Patriots specifically with Adams.

Are you using his age against him?

Not so. When I referred to the age it was to emphasize how much room for growth remains in Adams' development and career.

At 23 he's already solidified himself as one of, if not the, best safety in the league.

Certainly as, "one of the best," I agree. Adams will have a chance in 2019 to prove he is as good as the best safeties in the league, several of whom have displayed greater impact and abilities overall. Adams, as a second team All Pro, is clearly solidified as a top ranking traditional strong safety. Coverage skill seems to be improving and should project Adams further up these list in 2019.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:
10 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

I'm not super high on Goff, but he should be ahead of Watson IMO.

@ET80

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... I have it close, but I'd pick Watson over Goff, as expected... I AM a Texans fan, I'd only take Mahomes or Trevor Lawrence over Watson, when you take everything into consideration.

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

ehh, a little early

I'd suggest you see my thoughts in the Trevor Lawrence thread in Draft:

I'm not just on the bandwagon - I'm painting the bandwagon matte black, getting it a lift kit, mud tires and rims, too.

Totally going to die on this hill...

49. Tyreek Hill

Wide receiver, Kansas City Chiefs? Suspended indefinitely and undergoing a private investigation is about the worst way to start off an NFL season. Regardless, Hill is so good that there is a chance he may get another chance. Dangerous returner and deep threat to make the perfect complimentary player.

47. Leighton Vander Esch

Linebacker on Cowboys. Developed quickly into one of the best linebackers his rookie season covering the middle of the field and tackling everything with great instinctive pursuit. Beneficiary of playing with Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee.