Jump to content
RaidersAreOne

Raiders officially on Hard Knocks

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Woz said:

Indeed. Probably dodged for next year too since either they either make the playoffs or (more likely) Gruden is fired and they have a new coach.

Giants would have made sense but I think New York and Washington fought tooth and nail not to be the host. Both franchises/owners have said in the past that they won't host HK under any circumstances.

 

Figured they would want to make the Raiders the subject for 2020 when in Las Vegas for the first year, but probably went with the Raiders now because no other team wanted to do it (maybe they paid Mark Davis?).

I thought it wasn't a choice? All indications are no team wants to do it. It is forced on them.

NFL went with choice that makes the best TV. Redskins and Giants don't have a lot of personalities. Nobody is tuning into watch a Beckham-less Giants team. The Raiders are ripe for drama and I'm here for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I thought it wasn't a choice? All indications are no team wants to do it. It is forced on them.

Hence my comment that maybe they kicked Mark Davis some extra coin to "volunteer."

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

NFL went with choice that makes the best TV. Redskins and Giants don't have a lot of personalities. Nobody is tuning into watch a Beckham-less Giants team. The Raiders are ripe for drama and I'm here for it.

Washington with all its regular drumbeat of nuttiness isn't ripe for drama?

Biggest market team in potentially in a switchover of eras?

 

I'm not saying that the Raiders were the wrong choice, but I think you are underselling what the Giants or Washington could have brought to the table in terms of storylines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jon gruden on hard knocks? jon gruden on hard knocks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Woz said:

Figured they would want to make the Raiders the subject for 2020 when in Las Vegas for the first year, but probably went with the Raiders now because no other team wanted to do it (maybe they paid Mark Davis?).

I just don't know that you can take the chance that they make the playoffs of something and lose out altogether. It's not likely to happen, but you just never know. People thought the niners were going to be legit contenders in the suck for luck sweepstakes in 2011, and they probably should have been in the super bowl. You just never know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel sorry for Derek Carr, he is guna be caught in the middle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m hoping they do a season with Rivers before he retires. The whole world can hear us dangummits. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Serious note, I hope they cover some of the controversy surrounding the move to Vegas next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Bullet dodged

nobody wanted to watch the redskins anyway :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I felt this was an obvious choice if not this year, definitely next year although this year makes more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Boltstrikes said:

I’m hoping they do a season with Rivers before he retires. The whole world can hear us dangummits. 

You guys wont qualify before he retires.  If you guys start missing the playoffs I doubt he keeps playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Forge said:

I just don't know that you can take the chance that they make the playoffs of something and lose out altogether. It's not likely to happen, but you just never know. People thought the niners were going to be legit contenders in the suck for luck sweepstakes in 2011, and they probably should have been in the super bowl. You just never know. 

Oh I get there is a chance they wouldn't qualify next year. To be honest, of all of the teams who were eligible, I think only Detroit is perhaps better than a 20-1 shot to make the playoffs.

At the same time, I suspect the NFL would have rather had the focus on the "new" Las Vegas Raiders in their new stadium, as opposed to the "soon-to-be-leaving" Oakland Raiders and all of that noise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×