2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

Frankie2Gunz

Watched it and it didn't focus on bubble players as much as I thought (Ollie exception)

It was entertaining and I liked seeing some of the players interacting but not what I expected with the first episode. I never watch the show all the way through and just catch pieces here and there but from what I remember it focused on those who struggle to make the 53. It's probably because we've got so many TV personality types. Gruden, AB, Abram. DC is the leader so we got him but he's no drama so doubt we get much more of him. Jacobs I expect to see because of his life story. I'd like to see the bubble O linemen like Cotton. Just someone to 'root' for in the preseason that may or may not make the roster.

I'll rewatch later today.

2 hours ago, Chali21 said:

Are you talking about the Hard Knocks/Autumn Wind mashup? Because that was dope as heck. 

I like how they incorporated the sound of camp in with the poem but you can not improve upon the original.  Just my opinion but the original is like our jerseys.  You may think you have a good idea of how to make it better but in the end you should just leave it alone.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I like how they incorporated the sound of camp in with the poem but you can not improve upon the original.  Just my opinion but the original is like our jerseys.  You may think you have a good idea of how to make it better but in the end you should just leave it alone.

Totally agree, you can’t improve that poem but you improve the hard knocks theme the poem. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

well see how much the Raiders are controlling what’s on Hard Knocks on Tuesday. If it was just up to HBO they would just see dive into what’s going on with AB. I’m sure HBO will touch on the subject but not as much as they want to. 

They could have went after Ritchie hard but didn't. Confront Burfict about his reputation and the difference in AB since getting clocked by him. Yeah sore subjects that I'd expect to not be addressed and would be a distraction if so. I'm sure the Raiders and NFL sat down with HBO and had a friendly discussion of what access would be allowed after if things aren't honored.

The Raiders do have final say on what makes the show.  Well see what happens. There was a report saying Hard Knocks is following him around all the time. 

One thing that did make the show that was a sneaky jab at the DT who got cut. Was when Westbrook was walking onto the field and Gruden was like damn that’s one ugly number. lol 

Edited by agarcia34

A lot better episode then the first one. I like how they showed more Gruden in this episode. I’ll tell you what Gruden is a very good with his motivation speeches. Makes u wanna put on a helmet and go play. They did sneak in a clip of AB from today in the show at the end. Love how Breston Buckner went in on Ferrell. That's the type of coaching I want. Buckner getting a lot of air time and hes killing it. 

Crazy how they can edit the show as the week goes on and finish it Tuesday and have the voice over done and have it ready to go just a couple hours later. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 9:32 AM, agarcia34 said:

The Raiders do have final say on what makes the show.  Well see what happens. There was a report saying Hard Knocks is following him around all the time. 

One thing that did make the show that was a sneaky jab at the DT who got cut. Was when Westbrook was walking onto the field and Gruden was like damn that’s one ugly number. lol 

I can see that but my first reaction was that it was purely about the number. 63 is terrible for a DT. Could have been either or both.

Olie didn't seem to want it bad enough to overcome the guys ahead of him and then wasn't as pro as you would like either so you can understand the frustration. But that can all be him getting screwed in the editing room as well.

On 8/11/2019 at 9:05 AM, G said:

Watched it and it didn't focus on bubble players as much as I thought (Ollie exception)

It was entertaining and I liked seeing some of the players interacting but not what I expected with the first episode. I never watch the show all the way through and just catch pieces here and there but from what I remember it focused on those who struggle to make the 53. It's probably because we've got so many TV personality types. Gruden, AB, Abram. DC is the leader so we got him but he's no drama so doubt we get much more of him. Jacobs I expect to see because of his life story. I'd like to see the bubble O linemen like Cotton. Just someone to 'root' for in the preseason that may or may not make the roster.

I'll rewatch later today.

Keelan Doss.  That was fun to watch.  He's definitely on the bubble.

Enjoyed the last episode, Gruden is coming across really well and first impressions are that he has the team buying in. I'd like to see more about guys like Burfict and what his impact on the D is and Karl Joseph I'd like to see more of too. Richie Incognito is very articulate and not at all how I thought he'd present.

Going to be interesting to see the bubble players when it comes near to cut time, we have some pretty tough decisions to make and that could make for great viewing this series.