2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

Frankie2Gunz

On 8/21/2019 at 8:52 PM, agarcia34 said:

I only see them carrying three TEs. Waller, Moreau and Carrier. If Wilson makes the team I’ll be surprised. 

We need additional depth on the OL and DL so there's a very limited chance that Wilson makes it. Waller will be the receiving TE, Moreau will be the blocking TE, and Carrier can do a little bit of both. 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In last nights episode in the beginning. Did any catch Vanderdose body language when Buckner was talking. Kind of looked like he rolled his eyes and was not interested in what he had to say. 

I could be wrong, but that part stuck out to me. 

I actually did notice, he didnt look very interested in what Buckner was saying.  I dont see him making the 53 either way, IR is more likely.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

In last nights episode in the beginning. Did any catch Vanderdose body language when Buckner was talking. Kind of looked like he rolled his eyes and was not interested in what he had to say. 

I could be wrong, but that part stuck out to me. 

He knows his season is done and he's likely headed to the IR. 

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hard knocks has been pretty damn boring this year. 

Hear this a lot. And guessing it's because 1) People expect the Raiders to be a dysfunctional mess, especially after last years offseason and  2) The Raiders have final say in what gets put out there.

I think people should be surprised at how well run this organization is under Gruden and Mayock. They are establishing a culture, player seem to be buying in and they are focused on their goals. This is why Gruden was brought on board. And Mayock further stabilized the front office.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hear this a lot. And guessing it's because 1) People expect the Raiders to be a dysfunctional mess, especially after last years offseason and  2) The Raiders have final say in what gets put out there.

I think people should be surprised at how well run this organization is under Gruden and Mayock. They are establishing a culture, player seem to be buying in and they are focused on their goals. This is why Gruden was brought on board. And Mayock further stabilized the front office.

I totally agree with you!

Also I see a bit of good cop (Gruden) bad cop (Mayock) in this AB situation...seems like they are really on the same page and that GM-HC synergy is huge IMO.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Some of the most entertaining content the past couple of years has come out of the meeting rooms. Other than Gruden chatting and the rookies singing in the big meetings, we've only really seen a couple of clips from the DL room. The content has been more so focused on the preseason games which have been uneventful. 

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Some of the most entertaining content the past couple of years has come out of the meeting rooms. Other than Gruden chatting and the rookies singing in the big meetings, we've only really seen a couple of clips from the DL room. The content has been more so focused on the preseason games which have been uneventful. 

I would have liked to have seen some stuff in the QB room. It’s like there was one episode with Carr and that was it. It’s crazy how little of the players we’ve actually seen. In the past it seems like Hard Knocks would zero in on a player are two. It hasn’t really been that way other than AB which is pointless because he’s in the news every other day. 

I will say it’s obvious how much Gruden likes coaching and he really does like his players it seems. 

25 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I would have liked to have seen some stuff in the QB room. It’s like there was one episode with Carr and that was it. It’s crazy how little of the players we’ve actually seen. In the past it seems like Hard Knocks would zero in on a player are two. It hasn’t really been that way other than AB which is pointless because he’s in the news every other day. 

I will say it’s obvious how much Gruden likes coaching and he really does like his players it seems. 

One of the QBs said last night that Hardknocks isn't welcome in the QB room. 

After the season finale, we will get a lot of stories about how uncooperative the Raiders were during this. The Raiders never wanted this. They are always cloaked in secrecy for some unknown reason. I don't know why anyone expected them to just open thing up now.