2019 Hard Knocks: Oakland Raiders

Frankie2Gunz

37 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

One of the QBs said last night that Hardknocks isn't welcome in the QB room. 

After the season finale, we will get a lot of stories about how uncooperative the Raiders were during this. The Raiders never wanted this. They are always cloaked in secrecy for some unknown reason. I don't know why anyone expected them to just open thing up now.

They should’ve waited until next year. The move to Vegas would’ve given them so much content. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They should’ve waited until next year. The move to Vegas would’ve given them so much content. 

Maybe not. The Raiders have always been closed off as far as cameras being in the facility. I’m sure that HBO and NFL films won’t want to do anything with the Raiders again because of the lack of availability the give. 

16 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Maybe not. The Raiders have always been closed off as far as cameras being in the facility. I’m sure that HBO and NFL films won’t want to do anything with the Raiders again because of the lack of availability the give. 

The move to Vegas in itself would've given them enough content to fill 5 hours of show time with entertaining tidbits. We won't be on Hard Knocks again for a while but they should've used another team this year and us next year.

Edited by NYRaider

15 minutes ago, G said:

Yeah Raiders brass didn’t want it so make it boring so they don’t try it next season with the Vegas move. Making the playoffs would keep that from happening so...

Rules are you can't have been on Hard Knocks in the past or so years IIRC. We are safe for a while.

Gonna suck that next Tuesday we won’t see anymore hard knocks. It hasn’t been what people thought it would be with all kind of craziness. I also think the Raiders havent given the access that other teams have give HBO before. Previous seasons we seen a lot of coaches in the office and a lot of QB meetings. Raiders just haven’t allowed them that access. 

Raiders controlled the narrative and it was up to them to not have anything air that would be a bad look and they have done that. HBO also picked the Raiders a year to early. 

Jacobs really didn’t want to be on the show. The one time they zoomed in on him, he had his hood over his face.

Makes you wonder if they wanted to make a story about his background. I think he wants to eventually make a movie out of it but wants to focus on football right now. Could also be that someone else already has the rights to it. Literally every other rookie was featured except him. I don’t care about him being on hard knocks. Looking forward to seeing him on highlight reels and putting up fantasy points for me starting next week. I was amped when he fell to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJ Raider said:

Jacobs really didn’t want to be on the show. The one time they zoomed in on him, he had his hood over his face.

Makes you wonder if they wanted to make a story about his background. I think he wants to eventually make a movie out of it but wants to focus on football right now. Could also be that someone else already has the rights to it. Literally every other rookie was featured except him. I don’t care about him being on hard knocks. Looking forward to seeing him on highlight reels and putting up fantasy points for me starting next week. I was amped when he fell to me.

what round?

The Raiders just didn’t give HBO much to work with and the last episode shows it. Roster cuts are always a big part of the last episode on other Hard Knocks. With you seeing the HC talk to the players letting them know they were cut. Raiders said yeah that’s not happening. 

To be honest if it wasn’t for the AB drama this season would have been even more boring. Don’t get me wrong I enjoyed it, but this season was boring. 

When they showed Al Davis office though that was a nice moment. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

what round?

Surprisingly, I was able to get him at the eleventh pick in the third round. In a full point ppr league no less. After I missed out on him the week before, I was pretty much resigned to the fact that I wouldn’t have him in any of my leagues. I was so pumped that he was still there. Let’s hope he balls out starting this week!

The Raiders made it a TV show. Not a bit like reality. Hard Knocks will never feature the Raiders again. We limited them so much that they had to spend the majority of every episode on the Pre Season Games. Go watch any other season they spend 1/2 the amount of time in game vs they did this season, that has to be because the Raiders restricted the content so much. 

Gruden is Hilarious. Love that guy