Chris Blew It, Elliott Blew It, and Eddie Blew It, Jeezus

soulman

2 hours ago, soulman said:

Didn't Santos suffer a groin injury and end up on IR late in 2017 shortly after we signed him?

I suppose it's possible Pace preferred an uninjured Parkey to Santos who may still have been recovering from his injury.  I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean Santos wasn't on his short list to sign.

A groin injury to Piniero last season also has me concerned because as I recall it was after a similar injury when Gould's numbers suffered for a year or so.  They can take a long time to fully heal.  I've had a severe one myself.

We don’t really know how bad Piniero’s groin was last year. They may have sent him to IR with a strain type injury so they could stash him to return midseason vs. lose him. They didn’t have Carlson at the time (was still in MIN). I also haven’t seen anything suggesting he hasn’t shown the big leg in OTAs that he showed previously. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

We don’t really know how bad Piniero’s groin was last year. They may have sent him to IR with a strain type injury so they could stash him to return midseason vs. lose him. They didn’t have Carlson at the time (was still in MIN). I also haven’t seen anything suggesting he hasn’t shown the big leg in OTAs that he showed previously. 

When I express concern it's less that I believe he hasn't recovered than it is that groin injuries can linger occasionally reoccur.  That's all I meant by it.  And you're right.  We don't know how bad it was but surely he's passed his physical so he should be good to go.