Sign in to follow this  
-Hope-

Titans to Retire Jersey Numbers of McNair (9) and George (27)

Probably the two most iconic Titans. Good call imo.

I'm kind of surprised honestly, given the only non-HOFer that has a retired jersey is Jim Norton, and he holds the franchise record for interceptions(45, also holds the record for most interceptions by a player in the AFL/before the merger of course), was one of the better punters in football too at the time, and you could probably argue Norton belongs in the hall.

Definitely don't mind seeing it though.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

I'm kind of surprised honestly, given the only non-HOFer that has a retired jersey is Jim Norton, and he holds the franchise record for interceptions(45, also holds the record for most interceptions by a player in the AFL/before the merger of course), was one of the better punters in football too at the time, and you could probably argue Norton belongs in the hall.

Definitely don't mind seeing it though.

yeah, i'm a little surprised too, but i get it. they were pretty much the first household names at "skill" positions in titans history and brought in an entire generation of fans, myself included.

Steve is the reason I am a Titan fan. Glad to see both numbers retired. RIP Mac9.🙏🏾✌🏾

It's about time. I've been asking about this for years. Especially since no one has worn 9 or 27 since those two left.

Welp I got my home game I’m going to this year. Tickets are already insane. Hopefully we can finally beat the Colts.