-Hope-

Titans to Retire Jersey Numbers of McNair (9) and George (27)

Nice gesture. Probably the two most iconic Titans.

Enjoyed watching them, especially Eddie as a Buckeye fan. Couldn't really root for the team since they just relocated but at that point I just rooted for specific players since I didn't have a team to root for until '99 when the Browns came back.

Good careers, 30K passing and 10K rushing. As the foundation for the Titans organization it makes sense to retire their numbers.

56 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

Nice gesture. Probably the two most iconic Titans.

Absolutely. 

When anybody mentions the titans those are the first names I think of. Maybe Javon Kearse and Derrick Mason too.

When I think of the Titans from a historical perspective, these two guys come to mind. 

Well earned, both of them. Sad that McNair passed too early.

Absolutely deserved. Those two were cornerstones and major reasons why 10 year old me decided to follow the Titans.

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Absolutely. 

When anybody mentions the titans those are the first names I think of. Maybe Javon Kearse and Derrick Mason too.

Kearse and Keith Bulluck are probably my next two. Bulluck was just crazily underrated for his entire career. Dude made one pro bowl his entire career despite playing at an all-pro level pretty much every year.

George had more than 300 carries a season for his first EIGHT seasons (one of those was even 403 carries). That man was made of iron. 

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

George had more than 300 carries a season for his first EIGHT seasons (one of those was even 403 carries). That man was made of iron. 

“The Fisher way”

Biggest accomplishment for Eddie George was that he was the FIRST EVER PLAYER TO BE ON THE COVER OF MADDEN. Of all the players EA could of chose to have this Honor, they gave it to Eddie George. Too young to witness his prime but he must of been a special player. 

Titans fans, I heard Eddie George was overrated due to low YPC during his prime years. Similar situation with Leonard Fournstte? 

How good was George during his prime? 

Jersey retirements should only go to all time greats 

14 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Jersey retirements should only go to all time greats 

That's what the hall of fame is for. I like that there is a spot that can represent the greats, but those who weren't quite great enough, particularly if they are largely associated with just a single team. The 49ers should absolutely retire Joe Staley's number, for example. He was often a great player. But he's probably not going to be great enough to get the Hall. So it would be the 49er way of honoring him for his play. 

They were my team for a bit in large part because of these two. That one SB still hurts and I stll hadste the

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Kearse and Keith Bulluck are probably my next two. Bulluck was just crazily underrated for his entire career. Dude made one pro bowl his entire career despite playing at an all-pro level pretty much every year.

I still remember when Bulluck called himself Mr. Monday Night before a MNF game and the national media was kinda like 'yeah whatever okay' and he had 3 INTs that game.