Titans to Retire Jersey Numbers of McNair (9) and George (27)

-Hope-

Enjoyed watching them, especially Eddie as a Buckeye fan. Couldn't really root for the team since they just relocated but at that point I just rooted for specific players since I didn't have a team to root for until '99 when the Browns came back.

Good careers, 30K passing and 10K rushing. As the foundation for the Titans organization it makes sense to retire their numbers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Absolutely. 

When anybody mentions the titans those are the first names I think of. Maybe Javon Kearse and Derrick Mason too.

Kearse and Keith Bulluck are probably my next two. Bulluck was just crazily underrated for his entire career. Dude made one pro bowl his entire career despite playing at an all-pro level pretty much every year.

• Like 3

Biggest accomplishment for Eddie George was that he was the FIRST EVER PLAYER TO BE ON THE COVER OF MADDEN. Of all the players EA could of chose to have this Honor, they gave it to Eddie George. Too young to witness his prime but he must of been a special player. 

14 minutes ago, CP3MVP said:

Jersey retirements should only go to all time greats 

That's what the hall of fame is for. I like that there is a spot that can represent the greats, but those who weren't quite great enough, particularly if they are largely associated with just a single team. The 49ers should absolutely retire Joe Staley's number, for example. He was often a great player. But he's probably not going to be great enough to get the Hall. So it would be the 49er way of honoring him for his play. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, -Hope- said:

Kearse and Keith Bulluck are probably my next two. Bulluck was just crazily underrated for his entire career. Dude made one pro bowl his entire career despite playing at an all-pro level pretty much every year.

I still remember when Bulluck called himself Mr. Monday Night before a MNF game and the national media was kinda like 'yeah whatever okay' and he had 3 INTs that game.

• Like 2