Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

This isnt true.  He is NOT the GM in NE.  He's the highest ranking personnel man in NE not named Bill Belichick who is HC & GM.  Caserio is Director of Player Personnel.  The reason that NE added the no interview clause in his contract is bc a GM hire would be technically a promotion.  NE cant block it per NFL rules, so they had to use that contract provision to do so.  The tampering charge is bc a team has to ask permission before it can speak to a member of a teams staff.  NE levied the accusation to get Houston to back down.  Once they did they dropped the charge.  It's clear it was only done to keep Caserio from leaving and he clearly wants to go.  It's a bad, bad look for the team.

Wouldn't NFL rules trump NE's contract? Otherwise NE's contract is in violation of NFL rules?

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Full disclosure: It's a play in my playbook.

I don't call it every game, just when I have an opponent that needs some stepping on.

You're a demon.

The only thing that chain is missing is Bobby Kraft replying 3 weeks later asking to be removed from all subsequent e-mails.

Also I feel like Pats fans should start calling Robert Kraft Bobby because the title "NFL Owner Robert Craft Busted in Sex Trafficking Scandal" is brutal while the headline "Bobby Kraft paid $80 for a special massage" doesn't ruffle any feathers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You're a demon.

I prefer the term "problem solver".

5 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The only thing that chain is missing is Bobby Kraft replying 3 weeks later asking to be removed from all subsequent e-mails.

Worst is the "Is this still an issue" message sent in about two weeks by Bobby-types with the "Sent from an iPhone" signature. Clearly not paying attention, but still going to bother you asking for details that they won't be able to do anything with. For crisssakes Bobby, its under control - shut up.

It hurts my brain.