Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

Just now, Yin-Yang said:

So you won’t respond to the questions then? Guess the moral high ground is applied...well, whenever you feel like it.

They're not good questions. This would be like debating whether tenure for college professors is a good thing or not, and you asking if we should also have tenure for the janitorial staff as if it's relevant to the issue at hand.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

They're not good questions. This would be like debating whether tenure for college professors is a good thing or not, and you asking if we should also have tenure for the janitorial staff as if it's relevant to the issue at hand.

Whatever you have to tell yourself, homeslice. Not answering the questions, pretty much answers the questions.

Keep riding that wave.

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

So you won’t respond to the questions then? Guess the moral high ground is applied...well, whenever you feel like it.

Coaches leave all the time when they are under contract to get a promotion. Should we not let coaches break their contract in this scenario? That's essentially what you are saying. 

It's different for players because they are still 1 of 53 no matter which roster they are on. There is no promotion possible for players because being on a roster is binary, you either are or you aren't. Even for someone who would start that is currently a backup, that is not an official promotion

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

Coaches leave all the time when they are under contract to get a promotion. Should we not let coaches break their contract in this scenario? That's essentially what you are saying. 

No, it isn’t what I’m saying. I’m raising questions to see if the logic is applied across the board. 

Certain posters seem to be bothered by the idea that a boss might try to block a direct competitor from stealing an employee that is currently under contract. I’m wondering if that logic applies across the board. I’m well aware that there are different tampering rules as it pertains to coaches and players, but that’s not the point. 

I don’t care on the issue - just wondering if the guy was objective or not.

43 minutes ago, N4L said:

It's different for players because they are still 1 of 53 no matter which roster they are on. There is no promotion possible for players because being on a roster is binary, you either are or you aren't. Even for someone who would start that is currently a backup, that is not an official promotion

That isn’t the point. The point was to highlight an employer, intentionally keeping a guy in a position he may be unhappy in, in an effort to keep him out of the hands of a competitor. For office guys, that’s an issue (apparently). For players, we have no issue with it. 

10 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

Certain posters seem to be bothered by the idea that a boss might try to block a direct competitor from stealing an employee that is currently under contract. I’m wondering if that logic applies across the board. I’m well aware that there are different tampering rules as it pertains to coaches and players, but that’s not the point. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/15/does-the-caserio-clause-comply-with-league-rules/

as someone who's been under contract, i understand them but also i legit wonder about the legality of this and why, if it is legal, why its not standard for every front office employee ever currently in the nfl

Edited by tab

7 hours ago, tom cody said:

To me if a person who's not a GM or coach currently is given the opportunity to be a coach or GM with another team you should let them do so. Don't agree with the Patriots approach here.

Even if they already let the #2 and #3 guys go earlier in the off season?  If houston would have asked 2 months ago before the other guys left. then robinson could have stayed and got Nick's job.  So if Nick moves on the pats have now lost the top 2 guys in the front office, the def co-od, Def line coach, WR coach, qb coach, cornerback coach.  And this is one year after Patricia took coaches with him.   

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

Sounds like an opinion piece. From Ben Volin nonetheless. That's their equivalent of McClain.

Edited by Tex
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

You mean the guy who had a chance to become a GM and was told by his boss he couldn't interview is now mad at his boss.

SHOCK. FACE.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You mean the guy who had a chance to become a GM and was told by his boss he couldn't interview is now mad at his boss.

SHOCK. FACE.

Why did he sign a contract saying that he could not leave on his own volition.