Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

The Patriots are the very last organization that has an e business accusing another team of cheating

I disagree. Given the Patriots knowledge of the rules and how to tip toe maybe dip over the line occasionally, I’d think they are first in line when it comes to having enough knowledge to accuse another team of cheating. 

1 minute ago, Boltstrikes said:

I disagree. Given the Patriots knowledge of the rules and how to tip toe maybe dip over the line occasionally, I’d think they are first in line when it comes to having enough knowledge to accuse another team of cheating. 

I don't have any doubt did they have the knowledge accuse another team of cheating what I'm saying is as often as they have been accused and the times when they have been caught they should not be making accusations towards anybody. Having said that if the Texans did violate rules they deserve to be punished but it's just hilarious coming from the Patriots

5 hours ago, Danger said:

Why is this a problem? Legit question. Don't these sort of hirings happen all the time??

It's the ring ceremony aspect of the situation - supposedly, Jack Easterby and Nick Caserio discussed the role at a high level at the Patriots ring ceremony, which led to the Brian Gaine termination to begin with.

It's not like the NFL requires a significant burden of proof in these matters. Where there's smoke, there's fire...

This being said, it means there is interest and Caserio wants to join the Texans, and the Patriots want something out of it. I think the Texans get a compensatory 3rd round pick (maybe even two with Tyrann Mathieu and Kareem Jackson) so this whole thing could be resolved if the Texans toss one of those picks to New England.

Definitely one of the odder things to happen to the Texans franchise. If Caseiro does come here and turns into a great GM, it'll be forgotten in time.

10 hours ago, wwhickok said:

LOL said this couldn't possibly be two guys that knew each other and were communicating talking about their families or whatever a photo and apparently a video it's supposed to prove something special? What is this some sort of competition gate? They're starting to worry they won't be the first one to Seven Super Bowl so they've got to make sure they set people up and accuse them of cheating? If you can't tell yes I'm being sarcastic but honestly I could not possibly care less about the Patriots or what they don't like.

The Patriots are the very last organization that has an e business accusing another team of cheating

Hahahahahaha!! You do Brian, you really do.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Texans = Cheaters of the NFL. 

If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. 

I'm just glad they're trying nowadays. I'm done with the good boy act, the heel turn begins now. Next up, JJ Watt is going to get a ton of tattoos, grow a huge beard and do shots on the sideline after every sack. 

It's gonna be awesome!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

It's the ring ceremony aspect of the situation - supposedly, Jack Easterby and Nick Caserio discussed the role at a high level at the Patriots ring ceremony, which led to the Brian Gaine termination to begin with.

It's not like the NFL requires a significant burden of proof in these matters. Where there's smoke, there's fire...

This being said, it means there is interest and Caserio wants to join the Texans, and the Patriots want something out of it. I think the Texans get a compensatory 3rd round pick (maybe even two with Tyrann Mathieu and Kareem Jackson) so this whole thing could be resolved if the Texans toss one of those picks to New England.

Definitely one of the odder things to happen to the Texans franchise. If Caseiro does come here and turns into a great GM, it'll be forgotten in time.

Yeah, I don't see the problem here...

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Yeah, I don't see the problem here...

There isn't one, but the NFL has to make a big deal out of every single rule to the letter to stay in the news cycle during the offseason. 

The reality is the Texans were willing to offer him a promotion to a dream job. There are only 32 of those jobs in existence and qualified candidates bend over backwards to try and get them. Tampering makes no difference.