Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

So, it's basically first come/first serve? How is that fair to anyone in line for a promotion? 

This example says they have ALL of the control, which isn't right.

Or, you pay the fine - which Cal isn't ready to do.

Well then they can sign one year deals and be a "free agent" every year.  And once tampering charges are found, I don't think the league would let a GM leave one team to go to the other the same year. 

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What's he supposed to say? Do you really believe everything they say at face value? 

Lying to the media is like, 80% of the job.

Well he had a whole year to create stress and did not.  If the relationship was toxic he could have left for other positions that became open this off season as Bill would have been glad to get rid of him. 

6 minutes ago, patman said:

Well he had a whole year to create stress and did not. 

Because he's a professional, and last time there was a legitimate reason to say no - the Patriots were still playing.

This time, what's the excuse outside of "we don't want you to go there"?

7 minutes ago, patman said:

If the relationship was toxic he could have left for other positions that became open this off season as Bill would have been glad to get rid of him. 

As we learned over the last few days, that wasn't an option. Contractually, he can't just leave.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

There are 32 GM jobs available. Every single person in an NFL team wants that job. The Pats got the Texans to stop pursuing him on a stupid technicality.

The Pats denied him his dream job. If my boss did that crap, I'd never forgive him.

No, I don't think so.  He has turned down other interviews in the past.   And why do you think the Texans is his dream job. It is the same as NE, Bill Obrien has the final say on the roster as BB does in NE  

10 minutes ago, patman said:

Well then they can sign one year deals and be a "free agent" every year.

Oh good, now every scout and front office person the Patriots have is going to be up for renewal every single year. Yeah, that's a good way to run an organization.

Michael Scott had 7 seasons of TV devoted to being a bad boss and somehow in half a page you made yourself a worse boss than he is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patman said:

No, I don't think so.  He has turned down other interviews in the past.   And why do you think the Texans is his dream job. It is the same as NE, Bill Obrien has the final say on the roster as BB does in NE  

Being a GM is a dream job. Let me know when Madden has a franchise mode where you get to submit scouting reports to a CPU that makes the decisions.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Oh good, now every scout and front office person the Patriots have is going to be up for renewal every single year. Yeah, that's a good way to run an organization.

Michael Scott had 7 seasons of TV devoted to being a bad boss and somehow in half a page you made yourself a worse boss than he is.

No- how did you get that from my post. The team wants the personnel signed long term. But if you want freedom you choose a shorter contract. 

Just now, patman said:

No- how did you get that from my post. The team wants the personnel signed long term. But if you want freedom you choose a shorter contract. 

And when your boss is a **** who won't let you leave for a promotion, anyone who wants to work for the Pats will demand a 1 year deal, or go to an organization who will let them leave.

So you either get a front office full of 1 year deals, or a front office with people no one else wants. Good job.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

The Patriots may as well tweet out "Are you talented? Do you want a career in football? Avoid the **** out of the New England Patriots"

i wonder if they were trying to avoid that coming out with the tampering thing? why bother with tampering charges otherwise???

4 minutes ago, tab said:

i wonder if they were trying to avoid that coming out with the tampering thing? why bother with tampering charges otherwise???

Yep. And who do you think leaked that? 

Nobody's gonna be happy. The reality is that the employee-employer relationship is fragile. It only lasts as long as it's good business for each party.

18 minutes ago, tab said:

that sounds like a GIGANTIC pile of BS

McClain usually is on point with his reporting, but given Caserio has interviewed for jobs in the past/over the years, this seems highly unlikely to me(that or it was in his contract the entire time, but the Pats ignored it for those interviews, but decided to implement it for this one?)

Pats might just be pissed at how the Texans went about it so are using that clause for the first time.

On 6/13/2019 at 3:00 PM, ET80 said:

Um...any other example? 

Haha do I need one now? We are a laughing stock after all of this. And we won't even have a GM to move on to until at least next season.

Really pretty sad. Even Jets beat writers are laughing at us.

• Like 2