Season Expectations pt. 1: Amari Cooper

DaBoys

Season expectations for Amari Cooper?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Season expectations for Amari Cooper?

• Monster year: 1,500+ yards and 10+ TDs
    • Yards demon: 1,200 - 1,500+ yards and < 8TDs
    • Redzone Warrior: 900- 1,150 yards and 12+ TDs
    • Solid Season: 800- 1,100 yards and ~7ish TDs
    • Bad year: < 800 yards and < 7 TDs

I'm going to go through the roster and poll everyone to see what our general feelings are for most key players going into the season. First up is Amari Cooper. Please vote in the poll and comment anything specific you want to add.

I voted solid season. 800-1,100 yards and around 7 TDs. I think we will run the ball more this year than in the last 3. Not just with Zeke. That's why we drafted two RBs, and a big guard. And not just with our RBs, but Dak as well. I think Dak sets a career high rushing attempts this year. So I just don't see the opportunity there for a monster year. Not on this team. 

31 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Amari’s 9 games last year extrapolated of 16 games would have been just shy of 1300 yards and 11 TDs.

Which does not fit into any of these categories, haha

I would say it's closest to a monster year. Although 1,200 something yards isn't exactly jaw dropping, 11 TDs at close to 1300 yards is solid on both sides.

Don’t see him having a 1300 yard season easily again if all our skill position players are doing their jobs tbh. By that I mean smaller role players too.

But I think the benefit of having him on the field is the biggest gift and being able to keep defences  honest unlike before he came here.

Voting somewhere between solid and bad season. I don’t think his stats will show his value well this upcoming season. I smell triple coverages 

But when you see young guys like Tony Pollard , Mike Weber , Gallup etc.. making plays remember to thank COOP for that 

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

I’m gonna co-sign WH’s 85/1200 mark. The first two basically fall in line with his career catch rate (60%), YPR (14), and what I’d project his usage to be (9 targets a game). The TDs are the tossup to me. I’d be a little surprised if he hits 10 honestly. I’ll say 8.

I'll say Cooper will be somewhere between a solid season and a yard demon next season. 1,100 yards and 10 TDs. Can't see him reaching 1,200-1,500 yards with all of the playmakers we have on offense now. 

Edited by Tony7188
  • Like 1