Colts extend Kenny Moore through 2023; Makes him highest paid slot CB

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, Blackstar12 said:

One of the best slot corners in the game well deserved. Look at his highlights in the wildcard game against the Texans he was all over the field.

First time I noticed his star quality. He's one of the best CBs in the game and was the Colts best performer that game. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

much props to Kenny Moore's agent

Apparently the Colts initiated the talks.  Ballard recently did the same with our punter and long snapper.  He always preaches using the cap space to reward home grown talent who fit the culture. 

On top of that Moore is a damn good player but has really only done it for a year.  Not surprising so many people dont know about him but he was probably our second best player on D behind Leonard.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:07 PM, Scalamania said:

I'm not going to pretend like I know a ton about the Colts and their players, but it seems like over the last twoish years they've been the best team in football at finding talent from anywhere.

The difference Ballard has done with the Colts is impressive. The roster he inherited from Grigson was one of the worst lol.

• Like 1

Not positive he's the highest paid slot corner then. New money is $30M for 4 years ($7.5M AAV) with a max value of $36M ($9M AAV).

The Ravens just Tavon Young a 3 year $28.6M extension ($8.6M AAV). So, I guess it depends on if he hits whatever escalators he has, which I assume are pro-bowl/all-pro accolade related, so I wouldn't 100% count on them.

• Like 1

On 15.6.2019 at 4:43 AM, Blackstar12 said:

The difference Ballard has done with the Colts is impressive. The roster he inherited from Grigson was one of the worst lol.

shows that you can completely flip a roster within 3 years. See Browns as well.

• Like 4