The "Loose" Tight End...All Hail Ring of Honor Standout, Steve Jordan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODP32dQv5ms

If Moss and Carter had not been on the team, Steve Jordan would've gotten a lot more publicity during his Viking career. He was drafted by the Vikings out of Brown University in 1982.  He earned a degree in electrical engineering while at Brown, and he played with a kind of mathematical intelligence.  Jordan also brought an ability to stretch the field and separate from the defender at the Tight End position that only might be surpassed by players like Shannon Sharpe, Ozzie Newsome, or Antonio Gates.  He was a pass receiving tight end like the Vikings had never had before or since.  He was also not much of a blocker. He finished his 12 year career with Vikings with 498 receptions, 6, 307 yards receiving and 28 touchdowns...all are records for a Viking tight end.  He was also voted to 6 pro bowls.  Cameron Jordan, the pro bowl defensive lineman for the New Orleans Saints is Steve Jordan's son.  All Hail the greatest Viking Tight End and newest member of the Ring of Honor...Steve Jordan!

9 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Wait, wasn't Moss drafted 4 years after Jordan retired?

I think he's just referencing that they have all been members of the Vikings team at some point...at least I hope he was, because yes, Moss and Jordan never played together, unless you're talking about that sleazeball, Mossy Cade.

Edited by swede700

31 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I think he's just referencing that they have all been members of the Vikings team at some point...at least I hope he was, because yes, Moss and Jordan never played together, unless you're talking about that sleazeball, Mossy Cade.

Yes...I was referring to All-Time Vikings.  Jordan should get more notice then he does by the NFL and by Vikings fans.  But, even in the era in which he played, despite his production, he was always overshadowed by others.

On 6/13/2019 at 12:24 PM, Virginia Viking said:

Yes...I was referring to All-Time Vikings.  Jordan should get more notice then he does by the NFL and by Vikings fans.  But, even in the era in which he played, despite his production, he was always overshadowed by others.

It didn't help that he's never had a boisterous character either.  He was always the unassuming guy who just produced.  He wasn't Kellen Winslow or Keith Jackson and he didn't play in a big market like Mark Bavaro.