Chiefs extend K Harrison Butker (5 year, $20M)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, chiefs82 said:

He's been money since hes been here. Thats a lot of cash though. Jones is holding out meanwhile, Schwartz and Buttkicker get extensions. 

Yeah, but that's apples and oranges and these shouldn't affect that, so to speak. Jones' contract is going to be long term, and for a ton of cash...there are a lot of things to work out there and it can be a complicated situation. Schwartz's deal was a single year extension, right? And Kicker deals are kind of kicker deals. Drop in the bucket, and details are kind of easy to maneuver around. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I like it! It may be "high' but it keeps us off the kicking carousel.

its not terribly high. its a good number for a good accurate kicker.   makes me think we got a lil bit of a steal with Josh Lambos recent contract(3.75 to 4 may not seem like much but it when u dont have a rookie contract starting qb). 

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

He was a good reliable kicker on my fantasy team last year.

Not that anyone cares buuuut last year I had: mahomes, kareem hunt, tyreek hill, and Harrison butker in a 10 team league. I scored every time the cheifs scored lol was undefeated and scored 250 more points than 2nd place during the regular season. Then hunt gets cut and I lose in the playoffs by like 5 points after George kittle drops like 35 on me. I was mad at myself because I had an offer to trade for kittle earlier in the year but passed on the opportunity. Weird how things work sometimes.

Butker is super reliable. The way he kicks makes it look easy, it's smooth, it's in control. He's a top 5 kicker in the NFL for sure 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

With a handful of teams every year it seems in kicker hell (especially after XP were moved back), I really don't see how spending $20M over 5 seasons on a reliable kicker is a bad idea.

It's not. Particularly when you consider that it's two percent of a 200m cap