Cuts to 53

Madmike90

7 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that is a totally different argument tho in comparison to the whole Bucky Hodges thing...

On that point yes I think we certainly could have went out and tried to find a better WR than we currently have but you and I both know it's not always that easy...trying to find guys on the trade market can lead to over paying for mediocre talent...I think the position was undercooked before Cam went down...but the worst thing we can do now is overdo it in a panic and burn it.

I was never involved in the Bucky Hodges argument.

I think Thompson, McBride and Bellamy as our backup WRs is negligent.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I was never involved in the Bucky Hodges argument.

I think Thompson, McBride and Bellamy as our backup WRs is negligent.

But what is your alternative at this point of the season? Who is going to give up anyone of value?

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

But what is your alternative at this point of the season? Who is going to give up anyone of value?

I Would have been aggressive in pursuing Dontrelle Inman.

If would have cost a 4th I would have pulled the trigger for a guy with 800 yards and size.

21 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I Would have been aggressive in pursuing Dontrelle Inman.

If would have cost a 4th I would have pulled the trigger for a guy with 800 yards and size.

A 28 year old with one good season under his belt doesn't bring much confidence...also adding in the fact that Mike Williams is hurt and Keenan Allen also seems to be hurt why would they give him up for a 4th? And if they did can you honestly say he is the fix it all WR we need? Personally I don't see it.

21 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

A 28 year old with one good season under his belt doesn't bring much confidence...also adding in the fact that Mike Williams is hurt and Keenan Allen also seems to be hurt why would they give him up for a 4th? And if they did can you honestly say he is the fix it all WR we need? Personally I don't see it.

He would have been a significant improvement over Thompson, McBride, and Bellamy who have a combined career 79 receptions, 991 yards.

Inman is not a star, he is not a saviour, but he is a guy who has produced at the NFL level and his 1 good season was as good as 3 guys combined careers.

8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

He would have been a significant improvement over Thompson, McBride, and Bellamy who have a combined career 79 receptions, 991 yards.

Inman is not a star, he is not a saviour, but he is a guy who has produced at the NFL level and his 1 good season was as good as 3 guys combined careers.

Didn't answer why we would get him for a 4th given the position the Chargers are in...and even if they would give him up for a 4th I wouldn't spend that on a guy just to be a backup...

The only way I'm trading for a WR is if a young elite receiver comes up who I see as a long term answer...especially given this draft class doesn't look the best at WR...if Allen Robinson could be had that is the kind of pickup I would go for...if not then let's not waste resources.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Didn't answer why we would get him for a 4th given the position the Chargers are in...and even if they would give him up for a 4th I wouldn't spend that on a guy just to be a backup...

The only way I'm trading for a WR is if a young elite receiver comes up who I see as a long term answer...especially given this draft class doesn't look the best at WR...if Allen Robinson could be had that is the kind of pickup I would go for...if not then let's not waste resources.

It is not a wasted resource if Trubisky is going to play. Between Wheaton and White I doubt that Inman would be a back up for too long.

I am basing the 4th off the rumours that were swirling at the end of camp that he was being shopped for a mid round pick.

The real problem is that Thompson and Bellamy are going to start games and are going to get way more targets than they should. It is worth a mid round pick to me to insure that Bellamy is not dropping Trubisky TDs.

Just now, WindyCity said:

It is not a wasted resource if Trubisky is going to play. Between Wheaton and White I doubt that Inman would be a back up for too long.

I am basing the 4th off the rumours that were swirling at the end of camp that he was being shopped for a mid round pick.

The real problem is that Thompson and Bellamy are going to start games and are going to get way more targets than they should. It is worth a mid round pick to me to insure that Bellamy is not dropping Trubisky TDs.

Apart from the fact right now we have no evidence that Trubisky will play.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Apart from the fact right now we have no evidence that Trubisky will play.

Then why is he the #2? They have clearly accelerated the plan for him.

By injury or replacement I am pretty certain the Bears are playing Trubisky. John Fox will get desperate, Glennon will get hurt, or Trubisky will force them to because he is just so much better than Glennon.

I am willing to bet that we see Trubisky throwing passes to Deonte Thompson and Josh Bellamy this season, more than 1 games worth, and to me that is totally unacceptable.

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

My issue is not the 4th TE or 6th CB

It is the 4th WR being a special teams player. It is the fact that 3/6 WRs on the team are special teams players. We needed to be more aggressive in finding a replacement to Meredith.

That's possible in March or April. In September, it's not happening. Nobody is going to give up player at or near Meredith's potential.

Archived