A mock draft from each draft position (12 team PPR) #6 Spot Mock POSTED

EaglesPeteC

So what position is the best to draft from? In the boring days of summer leading up to the season I am going to do a Fantasy Pros Mock draft from each spot 1-12 and share the results. Would love to have some debates and discussions about strategies, players for each draft position. 

Edited by EaglesPeteC

MOCK DRAFT FROM THE #1 SPOT

1.1- SaQuan Barkley RB-  pretty much the no brainer number #1

2.12- Dalvin Cook RB- an ideal 2nd pick here. Cook, should get a lot of work in an offense that wants to run the ball more. The biggest question with him is health

3.1- Zach Ertz TE Being at the turn and grabbing a strong RB #2 and one of the 3 elite TE's makes this a home run first 3 rounds

4.12- Cooper Kupp WR- with the strength at RB and TE, I'd feel good about having Kupp as my WR #1 on this team. 

5.1- Josh Jacobs RB- Another bellcow RB as my flex? Hell, yes! I'll look to use a variety of players to fill that WR #2 position

6.12- James White RB- I just can't resist the value that is James White. 

7.1- Dane Pettis WR- Not an ideal WR #2 but assuming Jimmy G is actually healthy for 16, Pettis has the potential to be a good WR 2-3. It is a projection though

8.12- Curtis Samuel WR- I view Samuel similar to Pettis, grab them both and hope one works out

9.1- KeKe Coutee WR- The guy cant stay healthy but if he does, he could be in line for a lot of targets. Taking another shot at a low end WR 2

10.12- DeSean Jackson WR- after loading up on RB's early, I load up on WR's in the middle rounds. DJax with Wentz could spell a steal for Jackson in the 10th

11.1- Jared Goff QB- Stacking Goff with Kupp, ideal for waiting until the 11th for my QB

12.12- Marquez Valdez Scantling WR- looks like in camp he is the #2 for the Packers. His ADP will probably rise but right now MVS could be a steal if he keeps the job as a the starter.

13.1- Justice Hill RB- I'll scoop up Hill every chance I get late in drafts. He could be a massive steal and really be a 1B in a run heavy offense.

14.12- Greg Zuerlin K- he won't go this late in home league drafts

15.1- Philadelphia Eagles DST- I'd stream DST but the Eagles have a favorable matchup against Washington week 1 

Lineup

QB- Jared Goff

RB- SaQuan Barkley/Dalvin Cook

WR- Cooper Kupp/Dante Pettis

TE- Zach Ertz

Flex- Josh Jacobs

K- Greg Zuerlin

DST- Philadelphia Eagles

Bench- James White, Curtis Samuel, KeKe Coutee, DeSean Jackson, Marquez Valdez Scantling, Justice Hill 

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft and A with 1040 points the second highest project scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Thoughts on this mock from the #1 spot? 

Mock Draft from the #2 Spot

1.2- Christian McCaffrey RB- My #2 player in PPR. Love his pass catching and workhorse RB role.

2.11- Nick Chubb RB- not overly worried about Kareem Hunt. Chubb is a great value here.

3.2- Keenan Allen WR- The last of the true WR #1’s. He is still the man for Rivers

4.11- Robert Woods WR- he could end up a WR 1 again 

5.2- Mark Ingram RB- take a volume RB in the flex

6.11- Evan Engram TE- nobody who I loved at this pick so I take the last TE I feel reasonably comfortable starting weekly

7.2- Chris Carson RB- the Seahawks are gonna run and run some more. I’ll take the potential leader in the backfield 

8.11- Rashaad Penny RB- get that Seattle run game on lockdown 

9.2- Curtis Samuel WR- high upside WR

10.11- Jamies Winston QB- didn’t love my RB/WR board so I grab best QB available

11.2- John Brown WR- this was a dumb pick. Should have grabbed more upside 

12.11- Marquez Valdez Scantling WR- will just keep grabbing him

13.2- Justice Hill RB- got the Ravens backfield in lockdown 

14.11- Harrison Butker K

15.2- Philadelphia Eagles DST

Lineup

QB- Jamies Winston

RB- Christian McCaffrey/Nick Chubb

WR- Keenan Allen/Robert Woods

TE- Evan Engram

Flex- Mark Ingram

K- Harrison Butker

DST- Eagles

Bench- Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, Curtis Samuel, John Brown, Marquez Valdez Scantling, Justice Hill 

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft and A with 1056 points the second highest project scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Thoughts on this mock from the #2 spot? 

Mock Draft from the #3 spot

1.3- Christian McCaffrey RB- again, my highest rated player at this spot

2.10- Zach Ertz TE- being a little further from the turn, I grabbed Ertz first before my RB 2, at the end of round 2 or beginning of round 3, I'll take one of the elite 3 TE's every time

3.3- Leonard Fournette RB- I had lots of shares of Fournette last year and he burned me. It was a tough pill to swallow but he was the best value here at the top of the 3rd. He should be the workhorse in Jax 

4.10- Kenny Golladay WR- Don't love Golladay as my WR #1, but that is the price I paid for going TE early

5.3- Sammy Watkins WR- If Hill isn't significantly suspended my WR's could be big trouble

6.10- David Montgomery RB- he should walk into a big role in Chicago and a decent floor

7.3- James White RB- I love James White in the middle rounds and I don't care who knows it

8.10- Latavius Murray RB- Wanted to go WR, but Murray was the best value. 

9.3- Carson Wentz QB- If I grab Ertz early, I'm going to try and get Wentz for that stack

10.10- DeSean Jackson WR- double stack grabbing DJax

11.3- Marquez Valdez Scantling WR- again...you guessed it. This time a round earlier

12.10- David Moore WR- DK might not be as significant player in the offense as we might think year 1, David Moore could have a pretty big role in Seattle

13.3- Justice Hill RB- If it is the 13th round, you know who my pick is

14.10- Justin Tucker K

15.3- Eagles DST 

Starting Lineup

QB- Carson Wentz

RB- Christian McCaffrey/Leonard Fournette

WR- Kenny Golladay/Sammy Watkins

TE- Zach Ertz

FLEX- David Montgomery 

K- Justin Tucker

DST- Eagles

Bench- James White, Latavious Murray, DeSean Jackson, Marquez Valdez Scantling, David Moore, Justice Hill

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft a B with 924 points the fourth highest project scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Mock Draft from the #4 spot

1.4- Alvin Kamara RB- no brainer pick here in a PPR

2.9- Mike Evans- love his ceiling in this new offense

3.4- Marlon Mack RB- should be the #1 in a high powered offense

4.9- TY Hilton WR- I don’t mind stacking that Colts offense

5.4- Phillip Lindsey RB- ideal as a flex

6.9- James White RB- Yup, I took him again

7.4- Rashaad Penny RB- with Carson a health concern, Penny could be a steal

8.4- Hunter Henry TE- in before TE gets ug-ly

9.9- Curtis Samuel- a popular breakout candidate that I am buying 

10.4- Jamies Winston QB- gimme dat Winston Evans stack

11.9- Ronald Jones RB- a potential starting RB in the 11th? Yes please 

12.4- Jamison Crowder WR- should have solid floor as the slot for the Jets

13.9- Justice Hill RB- surprised? You shouldn’t be

14.4- Stephen Goskowski K

15.9- Broncos DST

Starting Lineup

QB- Winston

RB- Kamara/Mack

WR- Evans/Hilton

Flex- Lindsay 

TE- Henry

K- Gostkowski

DST- Broncos

Bench- J. White, Samuel, Penny, R. Jones, Crowder, J. Hill

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft a B+ with 1003 points the third highest projected scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Edited by EaglesPeteC

On 6/13/2019 at 5:44 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

MOCK DRAFT FROM THE #1 SPOT

1.1- SaQuan Barkley RB-  pretty much the no brainer number #1

2.12- Dalvin Cook RB- an ideal 2nd pick here. Cook, should get a lot of work in an offense that wants to run the ball more. The biggest question with him is health

3.1- Zach Ertz TE Being at the turn and grabbing a strong RB #2 and one of the 3 elite TE's makes this a home run first 3 rounds

4.12- Cooper Kupp WR- with the strength at RB and TE, I'd feel good about having Kupp as my WR #1 on this team. 

5.1- Josh Jacobs RB- Another bellcow RB as my flex? Hell, yes! I'll look to use a variety of players to fill that WR #2 position

6.12- James White RB- I just can't resist the value that is James White. 

7.1- Dane Pettis WR- Not an ideal WR #2 but assuming Jimmy G is actually healthy for 16, Pettis has the potential to be a good WR 2-3. It is a projection though

8.12- Curtis Samuel WR- I view Samuel similar to Pettis, grab them both and hope one works out

9.1- KeKe Coutee WR- The guy cant stay healthy but if he does, he could be in line for a lot of targets. Taking another shot at a low end WR 2

10.12- DeSean Jackson WR- after loading up on RB's early, I load up on WR's in the middle rounds. DJax with Wentz could spell a steal for Jackson in the 10th

11.1- Jared Goff QB- Stacking Goff with Kupp, ideal for waiting until the 11th for my QB

12.12- Marquez Valdez Scantling WR- looks like in camp he is the #2 for the Packers. His ADP will probably rise but right now MVS could be a steal if he keeps the job as a the starter.

13.1- Justice Hill RB- I'll scoop up Hill every chance I get late in drafts. He could be a massive steal and really be a 1B in a run heavy offense.

14.12- Greg Zuerlin K- he won't go this late in home league drafts

15.1- Philadelphia Eagles DST- I'd stream DST but the Eagles have a favorable matchup against Washington week 1 

Lineup

QB- Jared Goff

RB- SaQuan Barkley/Dalvin Cook

WR- Cooper Kupp/Dante Pettis

TE- Zach Ertz

Flex- Josh Jacobs

K- Greg Zuerlin

DST- Philadelphia Eagles

Bench- James White, Curtis Samuel, KeKe Coutee, DeSean Jackson, Marquez Valdez Scantling, Justice Hill 

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft and A with 1040 points the second highest project scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Thoughts on this mock from the #1 spot? 

I'll go step by step.

I'm tempted to get more Zeke than Saquon this year just because of how bad that offense might be in contrast to how Zeke was looking at the end of the year. Those long runs that Saquon scored on aren't sustainable to me. I still think Saquon is a top 2 RB but I could see an argument for Zeke.

I'm avoiding Ertz early like the plague. I'm trying to land either Howard or Henry in the middle rounds instead. If I have to wait then I'm taking Reed and laughing to the bank.

Also not a Kupp guy for the first half of the year. He is still going to be recovering from an ACL. It typically takes a player a full year to come back to looking like their old selves. I can see him as a midseason buy. Love Pettis and J. White though. RBs are stacked with Saquon, Cook, White and a good sleeper with J. Hill. But I'm not a big Lindsay fan. I'd rather grab Freeman later.

I love the backup WRs too. Samuel is going to be a top 24 WR this year. That's one of my big predictions. Keke has a great floor in a really good offense. MVS is the #2 according to reports and #2s in GB kill it. 

• Like 1

Mock Draft from the #5 spot

1.5- DeAndre Hopkins WR- was deciding between Hopkins and Gordon, decided to experiment with a WR 1st with the  #1 WR 

2.8- Nick Chubb RB- You have a pretty much guaranteed RB 1 for 8 weeks. Willing to take the gamble of what happens next

3.5- Marlon Mack RB- grab a solid RB 2 in the 3rd

4.8- Julian Edleman WR- high floor WR as my WR 2. Nothing sexy just effective

5.5- Derrick Henry RB- I think the offense will still run through him this year. A flex with RB 1 upside in the 5th. I'll take it

6.8- Dante Pettis WR- the last WR with starting potential that I liked

7.5- Eric Ebron TE- some people like to play the streaming game at TE. I'm not one of them. Either grab one of the top 3 TE's or grab one here like Ebron that I like starting most weeks.

8.8- Carson Wentz QB- my boi

9.5- Latavius Murray RB- He's going to be a solid flex, so of course I'll snag him in the 9th

10.8- Jerrick McKinnon RB- its the double digit rounds, so I'll take a flier on an RB in the Shanahan system 

11.05- John Brown- I feel good about my top 3 WR's. So I take a potential #1 WR even in a bad offense as a bye week fill in

12.8- Donte Moncrief WR- could be the #2 in Pittsburgh

13.5- Justice Hill RB- single-handedly bringing up his ADP

14.8- Saints DST- good week 1 match up

15.5- Will Lutz- sure

Starting Lineup

QB- Carson Wentz

RB- Nick Chubb/Marlon Mack

WR- DeAndre Hopkins/Julian Edleman

TE- Eric Ebron

Flex- Derrick Henry

DST- Saints

K- Will Lutz

Bench- Dante Pettis, Latavius Murray, Jerrick McKinnon, John Brown, Donte Moncrief, Justice Hill 

Fantasy Pros Rated this draft an A with 1003 points the highest projected scoring team in a 12 team PPR league.

Once you start getting into the David Moore's of the draft, I think this is the point where I'll start taking fliers on guys who could carve out specific roles in "new offenses" that you know the coaches want to establish and, if the player doesn't pan out in the first 2 weeks or so, said player is easy fodder for a needed-claim off the waiver wire.

I don't expect Christian Kirk to fall to the 12th round, but in a 12-team league, it's possible; even then, I like his value starting in the 10th.

More in reference to what I was talking about above, Albert Wilson is going to be a consistent late round sleeper candidate for me in PPR formats as long as he stays healthy.  Yes, Fitz loves to chuck the deep ball, but the new staff in Miami appear intent on drawing a line through the "Beach" in South Beach and writing "Boston" over top of it.  And for as long as Chad O'Shea had been on staff with the Patriots before becoming Miami's new OC, the offense leaned heavily on its slot receiver as its possession guy (from Welker to Edelman).  The guy that appears to fit that bill the most, and has familiarity with similar offensive schemes, is Wilson.  I don't think the guy is going to light the league on fire, but he's got, IMO almost week FLEX-able upside with the potential to post some firm WR2 weeks (basically a Top 35 WR in PPR formats).  The Moncrief pick is another good one, but I kind of expect his stock to rise closer to draft time as/if it becomes apparent that he's going to be the WR2 and not James Washington.

Mock Draft from the #6 Spot

1.6- Melvin Gordon RB- Gordon was my dude last season in several leagues until he got hurt and go me bounced in the playoffs.....

2.7- Dalvin Cook RB- should be in line for a bounce back year and could be a league winner if healthy

3.6- AJ Green WR- This team seems to have lots of injury risk. Taking another with the forgotten AJ Green

4.7 Chris Godwin WR- The popular breakout candidate's ADP keeps rising. I don't love him here but he was the best player at a position of need

5.6- Phillip Lindsay RB- His ADP keeps dropping and I'll happily scoop him up as my flex

6.7- James White RB- preseason value man crush

7.6- Derrius Guice RB- I like where his ADP is dropping here. Could be a steal if he actually gets healthy

8.7- Curtis Samuel WR- another one of my popular picks

9.6- Eric Ebron TE- I don't expect him in home leagues to go this late but this is the range I'd be happy with Ebron

10.7- Marquez Valdez Scantling WR- soon his ADP will rise high enough where I'd be out. This is the ceiling I'd be willing to take MVS

11.6- Jameis Winston QB- banking on the Ariens bump to get that Winston/Godwin stack

12.7- Jamison Crowder WR- should be a reliable PPR bench guy

13.6- Albert Wilson WR- gaining a little steam as a late sleeper

14.7- Greg Zuerlein K

15.6- Broncos DST

Lineup

QB- Jameis Winston

RB- Melvin Gordon/Dalvin Cook

WR- AJ Green/Chris Godwin

TE- Eric Ebron

FLEX- Phillip Lindsay 

K- Greg Zuerlein

DST- Broncos

Bench- James White, Derrius Guice, Curtis Samuel, Marquez Valdez Scantling, Jamison Crowder, Albert Wilson

Fantasy Pros rated this draft an A- and projected this team to be the 3rd highest scoring team with 1010 points in a 12 team PPR league.