Bears sign David Montgomery to 4 year deal

malagabears

9 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pretty damn strong endorsement IMO considering it’s coming from his direct competition for reps. 

Mike Davis twitter is kind of funny.  

Read his tweets.  

Edited by dll2000

In the past two off seasons Pace has upgraded both the WR/TE and RB positions at an unbelievable clip.

In 2017 who were our WR?  Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Kevin White, Deonte Thompson, Josh Bellamy, Tre McBride, and Dion Sims as a starting TE.  The RBs were Howard, Cunningham, and Cohen.

Looking at the current all that remains is Tarik Cohen with Davis, Montgomery and Whyte joining him at RB and the turnover at WR/TE has been 100%; ARob, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Patterson,  Wims, E and M Hall and Burton and Shaheen at TE.   That's two very good offseasons in my book.

3 hours ago, soulman said:

In the past two off seasons Pace has upgraded both the WR/TE and RB positions at an unbelievable clip.

In 2017 who were our WR?  Kendall Wright, Markus Wheaton, Kevin White, Deonte Thompson, Josh Bellamy, Tre McBride, and Dion Sims as a starting TE.  The RBs were Howard, Cunningham, and Cohen.

Looking at the current all that remains is Tarik Cohen with Davis, Montgomery and Whyte joining him at RB and the turnover at WR/TE has been 100%; ARob, Miller, Gabriel, Ridley, Patterson,  Wims, E and M Hall and Burton and Shaheen at TE.   That's two very good offseasons in my book.

Its good that he can learn from mistakes and was given the time to learn from them.  Currently one of best GMs in football. 

Too many people only give people one brief shot at things. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, soulman said:

You DARE to forget about Gentry!?!!?!

tenor.gif?itemid=6131863

Ignoring the urge to fight you.... you're completely right though. lol

Edited by Sugashane
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sugashane said:

You DARE to forget about Gentry!?!!?!

tenor.gif?itemid=6131863

Ignoring the urge to fight you.... you're completely right though. lol

I actually like Gentry a lot.  He played well at Wyoming and he's a decent WR albeit more limited than others we have so he'll have an almost impossible task making this roster.  He's one of those guys who probably has to move on and find a team where he fits a bit better.  Maybe linking up with Josh Allen again might improve his NFL prospects.

10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Its good that he can learn from mistakes and was given the time to learn from them.  Currently one of best GMs in football. 

Too many people only give people one brief shot at things. 

As I've posted before I don't feel having to work with and provide for John Fox helped him one bit at all.  Quite the opposite because as soon as GMC seemed to cut him loose to draft and sign players based on his own vision the turn around has been nothing short of miraculous.  The Bears have never moved so far so fast in my lifetime and that I credit to Pace's aggressiveness.

25 minutes ago, soulman said:

As I've posted before I don't feel having to work with and provide for John Fox helped him one bit at all.  Quite the opposite because as soon as GMC seemed to cut him loose to draft and sign players based on his own vision the turn around has been nothing short of miraculous.  The Bears have never moved so far so fast in my lifetime and that I credit to Pace's aggressiveness.

He started really improving in 2017 and 2018 and 2019 were both extremely impressive. 

Now he seems to have a formula and philosophy that he is getting better at.  Also is on same page with his coaching staff since Nagy, which really helps. 

• Like 1