Klay Thompson has a torn ACL

pwny

Devastated man, didn't even care for the loss if it meant Klay's injury wasn't that serious. But lose AND Klay tears his ACL? Brutal, but that boy tough so he's definitely coming back around March time and will be ready for the playoffs. 

Now we will see if JVG is right or not saying this isn't a playoff team without KD or Klay. 

This sucks, but looks like Steph well be gunning for MVP again.  Guy is going to put up insane numbers next season.  Good thing for Klay is that he'll be back as the same player he was before.  Just take the time and get right.

Next season is going to be so fun.  We're heading into an unpredictable season for the first time in a long time.  Sucks guys had to get seriously hurt for that to happen, though.

Absolutely terrible news. I feel bad for Klay and KD. The Warrios and their fans, not one bit after all I heard about/got made fun of in 2015 with the Kyrie/Love injuries...but for the players themselves, you hate to see anyone get hurt!

I hope that they both make a 100% and speedy recovery...and both would be smart to sit this season out the entire way and look to come back strong in 2020-2021.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Now we will see if JVG is right or not saying this isn't a playoff team without KD or Klay. 

Free agency for them is going to be massive since they'll have so much dead money wasted on Klay (and potentially Durant) next season.

Absolutely no scoring outside of Curry right now.

Edited by seminoles1

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Free agency for them is going to be massive since they'll have so much dead money wasted on Klay (and potentially Durant) next season.

Absolutely no scoring outside of Curry right now.

Not like they could do much anyways. So free agency will be what it will be. Just comes down to how healthy Steph and Draymond stay for the entire season. Both need to play 73-75 games. 

The warriors are gonna struggle next year, especially if they resign Thompson and Durant. They will be maxed out. They won’t have guys willing to take less to win. 

Curry easily going for the scoring title. I think they are a 5-8 seed unless they pull off a move. 

Iggy and Livingston are too old to play 80 games at the level they(mainly Iggy) played at in the post season. 

I hate this for Durant and Thompson, no one wants to see that. 

I don’t feel bad for the warriors at all. You had a run, and likely only take a year break, if that. 

Klay can be back by mid March if nothing goes wrong. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Not like they could do much anyways. So free agency will be what it will be. Just comes down to how healthy Steph and Draymond stay for the entire season. Both need to play 73-75 games. 

It’s huge in that free agents won’t want to take the “win discount” to play for them 

5 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

It’s huge in that free agents won’t want to take the “win discount” to play for them 

How many vets really took a discount to play with them in the first place? David West? Who else? Not like they were attracting those types of FAs in the first place. 

Livingston has all but said this was his last run, so he's probably going to be bought out of his 7.5m or whatever it is with a 2m cap hit for 2019. That will free some space up. Klay will get the max (5/191m) but it wont be until the rest of the roster is put together. Not including Durant there are only 7 guys on the books for 2019. The dubs are going to look very different in next year, but very familiar in 2020 when Klay's (and maybe KD) back.