Saints sign WR Rishard Matthews; UPDATE: Matthews retired

TheKillerNacho

Dude's losing it. Not long ago, he was a rising star to a degree, now he's about to fall out of the league altogether by quitting teams.

It's almost as bizarre as the Titus Young and Davone Bess sagas, though Adam Muema's still takes the cake. Matthews was on the verge of solidifying himself as at least someone's solid #2, and now he's turning his career into a solid #2. Shame. 

11 hours ago, Dome said:

Rishard Matthews cut by team with a “left squad” designation. 

He quit on the Saints and unless they remove that designation from his release it is my understanding that he cannot play for another team until his contract is up. 

Not that anyone wants him 

I'm shocked. Shocked! I tell you.

• Like 2

Maybe he just doesn't have the love for football anymore and doesn't want to put in the effort it requires to be an NFL player without that love?  Hope he gets things figured out with his life and ends up in a good situation in whatever his life has for him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Raves said:

Maybe he just doesn't have the love for football anymore and doesn't want to put in the effort it requires to be an NFL player without that love?  Hope he gets things figured out with his life and ends up in a good situation in whatever his life has for him.

Maybe he's realizing he just can't hack it with the young guys any more. Some people just fall off earlier.

it's not like we're exactly deep at WR, and we still were barely hearing anything about Matthews, all the buzz is about Butler and Kirkwood.

42 minutes ago, Raves said:

Nah he’s just an entitled little ***** and a quitter. This goes all the way back to his days in Miami

14 minutes ago, NinerFever said:

Anyone seen his Instagram rant ?

Okay, yes, he may have quit one or two times- but that Instagram Farewell is one of the kindest, gentlest, most-moving speeches I have ever read! A couple of phrases in there didn't even have curse words in them! I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I felt the quick tears spring to my eyes at this heartfelt "Goodbye To Football" speech. What a guy!

Image result for rishard matthews 

Edited by bzane