McPhee Activated from PUP

Madmike90

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 34m34 minutes ago

The #Bears expect to keep OLB Pernell McPhee on PUP list to start the 2017 season, source said. His knee has been worrisome at this point.

Scratch that...

Brad BiggsVerified account @BradBiggs 6h6 hours ago

I am told #Bears are taking Pernell McPhee OFF of the physically unable to perform list and he will be on the 53-man roster to open season.

OLB is still going to be a major need next offseason.

4 hours ago, pigsooie5 said:

Not sure how you don't list WR. For one second, imagine KW gets injured again, we may not even have a #2 on the roster let alone a #1. We have no slot guy worth anything. 

1. WR

2. CB

3. OLB

I think Wright will lead the team in receptions and will be a really solid player for us this season playing out of the slot...I do agree tho we need to find some WR help via trade or next offseason...at the end of the day this team has to build around Trubisky...it's that simple...and for that to happen he needs to have some WRs he can trust...good news is ACLs seem to be easier to come back from than ever especially for lighter guys...2018 if you have a productive Wright in the slot, Meredith hopefully back to 100% and White with some more experience having been forced into the #1 role plus you add a WR within your top 3 picks you give Trubisky a far better chance of success in 2018.

10 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I think Wright will lead the team in receptions and will be a really solid player for us this season playing out of the slot...I do agree tho we need to find some WR help via trade or next offseason...at the end of the day this team has to build around Trubisky...it's that simple...and for that to happen he needs to have some WRs he can trust...good news is ACLs seem to be easier to come back from than ever especially for lighter guys...2018 if you have a productive Wright in the slot, Meredith hopefully back to 100% and White with some more experience having been forced into the #1 role plus you add a WR within your top 3 picks you give Trubisky a far better chance of success in 2018.

Agreed. I was skeptical of how much speed and athleticism he would have left, but showed plenty of speed out of cuts and looked really good. He is my guess for holdover starter from the free agents.

Plus by then Shaheen should be acclimated to the speed of the NFL, and Sims might take another step. They can help a weaker receiving corps immensely if they do.

And a good running attack. With Howard/Cohen/Cunningham we should have zero need at RB, and plenty of skill there. Putting Trubisky in favorable positionss with 2nd and 5 or 3rd and 2 will help him as well.

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:15 PM, pigsooie5 said:

Not sure how you don't list WR. For one second, imagine KW gets injured again, we may not even have a #2 on the roster let alone a #1. We have no slot guy worth anything. 

1. WR

2. CB

3. OLB

WR is the biggest need.  but if you are drafting in the top 4 its going to hard to pass up Arden Key, Harold Laundry, Derwin James or the top LT for a mid rounder like Sutton, Ridley or Kirk.  I hope the bears draft 8-12 and are able to pick a WR in the first round.   

Archived