Season Expectations pt. 2: Byron Jones

DaBoys

Season expectations for Byron Jones?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Season expectations for Byron Jones?

• He will actually improve upon 2018. He was lockdown in coverage, and this year he will sustain that, but add interceptions to his game.
    • He will sustain what he did in 2018. He can't really get better, and he was never a ball hawk so the interception numbers will stay next to nothing.
    • He will suffer a slight drop off. There isn't really anywhere to go but down. Expectations are high, but I feel he will somewhat regress towards the mean, while still playing mostly solid.
    • Big drop off. He was on top last year, but every year is different. With WRs able to study him at CB now he isn't surprising anyone.

I voted sustain. He isn't a ball hawk. He may luck into a pick or two but he is never going to be a leader in that area.

That said I think Richard's scheme is a safety net for Byron. I don't think we will see a drop off at all. He really only has to defend two routes(in his words). So I expect him to maintain his high level of play.

As long as the hip surgery went well, and according to him he is ahead of schedule.