My personal take on the 2019 Redskins schedule

It's going to be very interesting how this season shakes out.

Probably one of the most brutal opening set of games I can remember in some time.

Would like to point out that we only have 2 primetime games this season. (Wk-3 Bears, Wk-8 @Vikings) 

We also don't play on Thanksgiving this season. It's been since 2015 since we hadn't been scheduled on Turkey Day. (coincidentally, we made the playoffs that year)

The other 14 games are also 1pm start times.(noon, for CT Midwest people like myself)

When you break the schedule off in Qtrs, obviously Qtr 1 & Qtr 4 are the most important & significant games regarding playoff appearance importance.

But I'm of the belief, that it's going to be our non-division, Conference games that will decide our fate regarding us making the playoffs.

Don't get me wrong, our Divisional games are crucial & we can't be going 1-5 & expect a good season.

But I do believe 3-3 in the NFC East could be enough, providing we do well in the Conference & non-conference games.

We got Bears, 49ers, Lions at home.

And Vikings, Panthers, Packers on the road.

I truly believe, if we can win 4 of these 6 games? We make the Playoffs, because the other games will fall in place. Hopefully, we do even better than that.

The other good thing is, we have a week 10 bye week. Unlike, last year where it was week 4. We could never recover from those injuries after a good 6-3 start. This season, it will be huge to have our guys recover during that wk-10 period.

Im predicting an 11-5 season for us, which I'll admit...would probably be a miracle if it happened.

I don't doubt the teams overall talent & I believe they are more than capable of having success. I just hope Gruden is a good enough coach, to get us there.

I also believe this should be Gruden's last chance, at getting us a Playoff birth. No more excuses & it's time for results. If he can't get us the success we deserve this season, than he should be let go so we can look for someone who can. Regardless, of who is starting @ the QB position.

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, Redskins at Eagles, 1 p.m. 

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 15, Cowboys at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 3: Monday, Sept. 23, Bears at Redskins, 8:15 p.m. 
Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 29, Redskins at Giants, 1 p.m.
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 6, Patriots at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 13, Redskins at Dolphins, 1 p.m.
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 20, 49ers at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 8: Thursday, Oct. 24, Redskins at Vikings, 8:20 p.m. 
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 3, Redskins at Bills, 1 p.m.
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 17, Jets at Redskins, 1 p.m. 
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 24, Lions at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 1, Redskins at Panthers, 1 p.m.
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 8, Redskins at Packers, 1 p.m.
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 15, Eagles at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 22, Giants at Redskins, 1 p.m.
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 29, Redskins at Cowboys, 1 p.m.

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The Redskins haven’t had an 11 win season since 1991.  We have a rookie QB. Ain’t happening.

Ya, I know.

We're the only team in the league that hasn't won 11 games since 1995 or something like that.

I believe we're due, for a surprisingly good season. Hoping it's this year.

As @aceinthehouse wrote “Probably one of the most brutal opening set of games I can remember in some time.” Only our coach or a moron ( I wonder if they are related?) would think about and talk about having a rookie quarterback with one season in college start on opening day. 

Our ceiling ( if everything breaks right for us) is what is usually is 8-8, but I see us next April talking about picking around 8-12 for our next great hall of fame sure fire first round pick that will ensure us winning the 2021 Super Bowl and Danny selling tickets to the Marks ( a little Carny lingo)  in the DMV

we have been and will unfortunately continue to be the Abe Pollin Type team stuck  near the bottom, but not terrible enough to get the superstar talent. 

Edited by Doc Draper

21 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

As @aceinthehouse wrote “Probably one of the most brutal opening set of games I can remember in some time.” Only our coach or a moron ( I wonder if they are related?) would think about and talk about having a rookie quarterback with one season in college start on opening day. 

Our ceiling ( if everything breaks right for us) is what is usually is 8-8, but I see us next April talking about picking around 8-12 for our next great hall of fame sure fire first round pick that will ensure us winning the 2021 Super Bowl and Danny selling tickets to the Marks ( a little Carny lingo)  in the DMV

we have been and will unfortunately continue to be the Abe Pollin Type team stuck  near the bottom, but not terrible enough to get the superstar talent.

If we can win 4 of our 6 interconference games, beat Dallas once, beat Philly once & sweep the Giants.

That would give us 8 wins. Win 3 of 4 in the AFC East & that would give us 11.

We may have to win games the old fashion way, while our rookie QB gets his feet under him. But we have a stable of RB's & a good line when healthy.

Our Defense has a chance to be stellar, if they can stay healthy.

I see Haskins being very successful at playaction. Our affective running game will allow Haskins to take deep shots down the field for big plays with his big arm. Something Alex didn't do very often.

I see 2 things being the difference in this team from last year.

1)big plays on Offense & Defense

2)overall team speed on Offense & Defense

I see this as the key element in our success this season & why I predict a good season.

Hopefully, the health of our team allows us to do this.

On 6/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, aceinthehouse said:

Week 1: Sunday, Sept. 8, Redskins at Eagles, 1 p.m. When is the last time we played  well and won opening day?Might as well start on the road.Winnable game

Week 2: Sunday, Sept. 15, Cowboys at Redskins, 1 p.m.Week 2 winnable game
Week 3: Monday, Sept. 23, Bears at Redskins, 8:15 p.m. They were good last year and we always play the Bears tough.winnable game
Week 4: Sunday, Sept. 29, Redskins at Giants, 1 p.m. "jints
Week 5: Sunday, Oct. 6, Patriots at Redskins, 1 p.m.How old is Tom?How young is our Dline?anything can happen at home good and bad lol
Week 6: Sunday, Oct. 13, Redskins at Dolphins, 1 p.m.new QB,we will know by then
Week 7: Sunday, Oct. 20, 49ers at Redskins, 1 p.m.winnable
Week 8: Thursday, Oct. 24, Redskins at Vikings, 8:20 p.m. Statue of liberty in the pocket,Dline can win this game
Week 9: Sunday, Nov. 3, Redskins at Bills, 1 p.m.Who knows with the Bills from week to week.could be blowout either way
Week 10: BYE
Week 11: Sunday, Nov. 17, Jets at Redskins, 1 p.m. 2nd year QB
Week 12: Sunday, Nov. 24, Lions at Redskins, 1 p.m.hmmmm
Week 13: Sunday, Dec. 1, Redskins at Panthers, 1 p.m.Is Cam starting?
Week 14: Sunday, Dec. 8, Redskins at Packers, 1 p.m.Workin in Vegas like I do,I dont care for Packer fans.
Week 15: Sunday, Dec. 15, Eagles at Redskins, 1 p.m.Now we get our home games down the stretch
Week 16: Sunday, Dec. 22, Giants at Redskins, 1 p.m.same
Week 17: Sunday, Dec. 29, Redskins at Cowboys, 1 p.m.?

If our Dline and Oline is healthy,RBs carry the offense,Dline carries the defense.There is not a single game I look at and say we definately lose.Keenum?Haskins?Im ok either way really.Bad coaching is the only reason we dont post a winning record.11 or 12 wins?who knows,we dont know now, what will be going on then.We can only project.It is not out of the realm of possibilty to make the playoffs this season with that schedule.

• Like 1

This all sounds great, but playing to your defense and running game forces you to also play mistake free football. Problem is we don’t have the head coach that lends himself to this. Field position, clock management, 3rd down and red zone play calling, most of all adjustments. I haven’t seen Gruden be the “steady the ship” kind of coach that can lead this type of team. Add in a couple bonehead turnovers by the rookie quarterback. Add in there is no return game capable of flipping the field.  I’m rooting for 10-6/11-5 but just don’t see it. 

On 6/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, aceinthehouse said:

If we can win 4 of our 6 interconference games, beat Dallas once, beat Philly once & sweep the Giants.

Since the 1991 Super Bowl season, Washington has only swept the the Giants three times: 1996 (9-7), 1999 (10-6, won division), and (inexplicably) 2011 (5-11).

Historically speaking, the better odds would say they split with Dallas and NY and sweep Philly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll remain consistent, I don’t like our chances this year. Our schedule is brutal to start the season and mostly overall. On top of that this offseason is the we have the most questionmarks at QB than what we’ve had since RG3 was coming back from his knee injury in 2013 or even all the way back to 2011. I think Keenum starts the season but we open up 1-4 or even 0-5 bc our passing game struggles to get in sync with inconsistent WRs  and for the second year in a row a new starter at QB.

Then, I think in week 6 the D’Wayne Haskins era begins and we beat Miami. I think he brings some life to our passing game with his big arm.

We finish the season 3-7, 4-6 at best for anywhere from 4 to 6 wins on the year. We’re going to play like doody for Jeudy - the WR from Alabama - and next year our starting WRs are Jeudy & MCLarin.