Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

34 minutes ago, showtime said:

Here's my opinion on some of the trade pieces:

Lonzo:  I'm really high on Lonzo.  Probably higher than most.  Non-traditional PG in the sense that he doesn't need to pound the basketball for 20 seconds in the shot clock. 

Non-traditional, as in his shot is terrible. Even Dennis Rodman could beat this guy in a game of HORSE. 

• Like 2

Players selected 20-30 that have made at least 1 all star game since 2000:

2001 Tony Parker
2003 Josh Howard
2004 Jameer Nelson
2005 David Lee
2006 Rajon Rondo
2006 Kyle Lowry
2011 Jimmy Butler
2013 Rudy Gobert

Yeah there was a decent run of quality players in the early-mid 2000s in the late first round, but it's certainly not a high success rate, and it feels like it's gone down.

58 minutes ago, mission27 said:

They can do whatever they want with the picks and Lonzo and Ingram shouldn’t be too hard to flip.  It’s a good problem to have... lot of young assets

I give Lonzo like, maybe 8 months in a Pels uniform before he's traded. Makes sense to not hang on to him long term. Need spacing.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Tough to say.  A report says that Davis is willing to sign long term with the Lakers.  LeBron only have a few years left and he's done.  This could easily be one of those scenarios where the Lakers mortgage their future and have to rebuild.  Similar to what they did when they got Dwight and Nash.  Kobe got older.  They had no first round picks or anything for a long time.  The team proceeded to suck for like the next 8 years.

That might happen again.

The next pickup is important.
Hopefully another experienced but young point guard/shooter.

Maybe like somebody who just turned 27 :)

9 minutes ago, showtime said:

Tough to say.  A report says that Davis is willing to sign long term with the Lakers.  LeBron only have a few years left and he's done.  This could easily be one of those scenarios where the Lakers mortgage their future and have to rebuild.  Similar to what they did when they got Dwight and Nash.  Kobe got older.  They had no first round picks or anything for a long time.  The team proceeded to suck for like the next 8 years.

That might happen again.

LeBron has conditioned himself so well he's not going retiring any time soon. He's already said he's going to ensure that he gets to play in the NBA with his son at least once. Meaning that, since the NBA is probably going to change the college requirement, that LeBron will play at least to the 2022-2023 season. Sure his production may taper off, but he'll still probably be an all-star player or close to it even into his early 40s.

I wonder if New Orleans would agree to let this sit until July 30th. I'm sure LA is begging then to do that so they can have their max cap space and then initiate the trade without making any other deals.

Kemba seems to be their top guy. They need wings desperately as well.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

LeBron has conditioned himself so well he's not going retiring any time soon. He's already said he's going to ensure that he gets to play in the NBA with his son at least once. Meaning that, since the NBA is probably going to change the college requirement, that LeBron will play at least to the 2022-2023 season. Sure his production may taper off, but he'll still probably be an all-star player or close to it even into his early 40s.

That's assuming his son is actually good enough to play in the NBA.

Just now, seminoles1 said:

That's assuming his son is actually good enough to play in the NBA.

I think it's a fair assumption. Will he be the 2nd coming? Unlikely, but not impossible.

Wonder how tall he'll end up being. Currently 14 years old and 6'2".