Anthony Davis traded to Lakers (Ball/Ingram/Hart/3 1sts)

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

It doesn't matter that Rich Paul is a clown and threw AD under the us anyway. His job is to appease King Lebron. Mission accomplished. 

Uh what

anthony Davis is the face of co face of the marquee franchise for the next 10 years and gets to live in Brentwood 

i think he’ll be ok

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Yeah, no one is comparing it that way. It sounds like the Lakers gave the Pelicans the option of picking whatever two picks they want in the next 5-7 years

Supposedly was a protected ‘21 FRP, unprotected ‘24 pick and a pick swap in ‘23 according to O’Connor.

20 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The Nets traded for has-beens. The Lakers traded for a superstar.

Finally. Bringing up the Nets trade is so incredibly lazy.

Lakers had to make this move now. Next year is going to be their best chance with the Warriors hobbled. LBJ getting older and suffered his first real injury last year. This is the time to make their move if they want a chance. Still don't think they should be considered the favorites yet but we'll have a better idea once we see what else they get and the injury status of Klay and Durant (and where they are signed).

Pelicans did about as good as they could have. I'm still not high Ball, but I do think Ingram has a lot more to show. Hart is a nice bench piece. I don't rate trades on results of draft picks since they are currently unknown, so getting 3 is itself a good haul. 

• Like 1

Pretty pumped that I almost nailed this trade. (#4 + #6 [trade Lonzo to PHX] + B Ingram + J Hart) Couldn’t have predicted agreeing to dumb long term swap picks and I still think Lonzo will be moved for a Top 10 pick this year (which also might be flipped for a player)

The Lakers are automatic winners in this trade, they got a Top 5-7 player in the league, who has already shown the most interest in signing long term with them, instant contenders in the West. Especially with the Warriors on tilt. Many of you quickly forget how dominant AD was running up and in the playoffs 17/18. Sure he had Jrue, but him with LeBron is already better. All of you pretending LeBron isn’t still amazing are just being stupid. Dude is going to finish out this contract with the lakers, still competing for titles now that he has AD, ring chase one more spot, then play with his son for a year (at least) Far from being finished

And the Pelicans are also winners, even more so if they really have pick swaps or whatever for 6/7 years. They got a haul of very good assets, some of them may not fit right now, but other than Zion they aren’t tied to any of it. Ingram is the gamble, if his health stays an issue, it could be an anchor on this deal. But if he is the player we saw before he was shut down this year, and possibly even better, the Pels have a chance to come out with the best return for a top player forcing a deal that we’ve ever seen. I don’t believe Ball stays in NO, too many teams with Top 10 picks need a guy like him. And Hart is the step down (from Kuzma) compromise asset that they landed on. As for the Picks, #4 this year is they only one they can trust. Sure the pick swap thing could turn out like the BRK picks were for BOS, but what if AD stays in LA for the rest of his career and gets someone new once LeBron moves on? They could be the 8 seed atleast for most of the next decade. 

This trade was always gonna happen, and under those circumstances, both Franchises came out pretty well

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

...what? Boston traded for Kyrie and landed Tatum and Brown with those picks. Brooklyn getting it together doesn’t mean that wasn’t a hilarious blunder of a trade. Celtics are going to be fine, I can’t wait for Tatum as the guy next year.

What… exactly what? Nets land Kyrie or another star and they very well could be better than Boston. Heck, just land a good free agent and they could be better. 

So yeah, my post stands. Through it all looks like Lakers will be just fine if it turns out to be a Celtics/Nets type of trade. 

And LOL comparing old KG/Pierce being traded to someone like AD who's right in his prime. Whatever picks that get swapped, this trade was absolutely worth it for the Lakers. 

No clue why Windy is all hurt by it. 

20 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

It doesn't matter that Rich Paul is a clown and threw AD under the us anyway. His job is to appease King Lebron. Mission accomplished. 

Ha! Don't be mad your GM is stingy as hell with his assets and didn't take enough risks. If AD didn't want to get traded to the Lakers, then Paul doesn't push for this to happen period.