JACHAI POLITE

doumeyer

This is the player I am most interested in seeing in training camp. I saw all his games last year down here in Florida last year. He is very quick and has the moves to get to the QB, something the Lee could never do. He could be the missing piece that the defensive has been looking to get for years. All our other major pickups in the off season we know what they can do, we have to see what Polite can do in the NFL.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This is the player I am most interested in seeing in training camp. I saw all his games last year down here in Florida last year. He is very quick and has the moves to get to the QB, something the Lee could never do. He could be the missing piece that the defensive has been looking to get for years. All our other major pickups in the off season we know what they can do, we have to see what Polite can do in the NFL.

Lee who?  If you mean Darron Lee he was not an edge player like Polite to begin with. 

I am anxious to see him too as he was touted in the draft process as a 1st round talent but concerns off field dropped him.  Hopefully he will be a steal for us.  Word was our scouting department had him ranked as the 2nd best edge prospect in the past draft.

3 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Lee who?  If you mean Darron Lee he was not an edge player like Polite to begin with. 

I am anxious to see him too as he was touted in the draft process as a 1st round talent but concerns off field dropped him.  Hopefully he will be a steal for us.  Word was our scouting department had him ranked as the 2nd best edge prospect in the past draft.

Unfortunately our scouting department currently sucks. 

Do you think Douglas would have drafted Polite? I don’t think so. 

I hope kid turns out to be a really good player for us though. 

10 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I don't think so either. However, while Maccagnan was terrible at talent evaluation, coaches were terrible at utilizing or developing raw prospects' talent.   This 2018 draft class is fortunate that Jets have new coaching system for them.

1 hour ago, KingOfTheDot said:

As usual love your positive energy ...lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Who cares that was actually one of Macs better selection especially in the round we took him. 

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just saying man we can’t bank on our scouts. How often have they gotten it right outside of round 1?

I cannot wait until Douglas revamps this department. 

I’m hoping Polite is good too. But part of what you’re saying is right. Lozo, Jenkins and Donahue were highly touted too

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Just saying man we can’t bank on our scouts. How often have they gotten it right outside of round 1?

I cannot wait until Douglas revamps this department. 

The constant negative spin is tiring though man, really is.

Regarding Polite - he was highly regarded talent wise by many pundits and scouting services - constantly heard Polite had 1st round talent but off the field and maturity issues pushed him out of the 1st round.  So we shall see.  Don't know if he will hit or miss but I like the pick given the talent level, conference he played in and our need.

43 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

Regarding Polite - he was highly regarded talent wise by many pundits and scouting services - constantly heard Polite had 1st round talent but off the field and maturity issues pushed him out of the 1st round.  So we shall see.  Don't know if he will hit or miss but I like the pick given the talent level, conference he played in and our need.

Why are facts negative? Our scouts are bad, this isn’t something new. 

We all assumed Jenkins, Mauldin and Donahue would provide some spark off the EDGE and they either failed(Mauldin/Donahue) or just don’t excel as pass rushers(Jenkins)

Trust me I want him to be great but the odds aren’t in his favor. Let’s hope Vitt and Williams can get him to that level. 

6 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Great point, I agree with you.

17 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

PHILLY has been terrible at drafting recently.  They aren't exactly the model team in that regard.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

PHILLY has been terrible at drafting recently.  They aren't exactly the model team in that regard.

Have they?

Their last few have been good in my opinion, nothing spectacular but they’ve added some good pieces and had obvious misses.

We’ve had, hits in round 1 and then MISSES everywhere else.