Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
doumeyer

JACHAI POLITE

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Why are facts negative? Our scouts are bad, this isn’t something new. 

We all assumed Jenkins, Mauldin and Donahue would provide some spark off the EDGE and they either failed(Mauldin/Donahue) or just don’t excel as pass rushers(Jenkins)

Trust me I want him to be great but the odds aren’t in his favor. Let’s hope Vitt and Williams can get him to that level. 

The dude has yet to play a meaningful snap for us or in the NFL, so, there are no facts on Polite yet as a NYJ or NFL player.  So you have no reason to be negative about that pick and basing it on past picks at that position is illogical and also not based on fact.    So being negative in regards to him is doing so for negative sake.  If you don't like that pick that is your prerogative and stating logical reasons why or concerns about the player is how you make that point.  But saying past players drafted at that position where not the answer so he can't be the answer or odds are against him being the answer is silly.  It's like saying I had a 2 red cars that broken down all the time so all red cars will  breakdown all the time... totally illogical.

 

 

Edited by JetsFan15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

PHILLY has been terrible at drafting recently.  They aren't exactly the model team in that regard.

That has always been my point.  Draft is highly unpredictable and very hard to consistently always find good players, especially late in the draft.  The best and top teams have more misses then hits.  I also think the coaching staff has a big impact on prospects ... from how they are used scheme wise to helping them transition from college to the pro game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean he seems talented, its about how hard he works and if he takes to coaching. He could go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

The dude has yet to play a meaningful snap for us or in the NFL, so, there are no facts on Polite yet as a NYJ or NFL player.  So you have no reason to be negative about that pick and basing it on past picks at that position is illogical and also not based on fact.    So being negative in regards to him is doing so for negative sake.  If you don't like that pick that is your prerogative and stating logical reasons why or concerns about the player is how you make that point.  But saying past players drafted at that position where not the answer so he can't be the answer or odds are against him being the answer is silly.  It's like saying I had a 2 red cars that broken down all the time so all red cars will  breakdown all the time... totally illogical.

 

 

I’m not negative about the pick lol I like the pick. 

My comment was towards the scouting staff. 

The original comment I replied to referenced them and I replied saying they sucked. 

Do they not?

You are being very sensitive, relax.

Edited by KingOfTheDot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not negative about the pick lol I like the pick. 

My comment was towards the scouting staff. 

The original comment I replied to referenced them and I replied saying they sucked. 

Do they not?

You are being very sensitive, relax.

Not sensitiveness just frankly don't understand fans who are so negative.  Doesn't make sense to root for a team but be so negative about it. 

You did question the pick, though.  You even asked if I thought Douglas would draft Polite.  That does not sound like someone who likes the pick. 

Saying our scouting staff sucks is subjective not based on fact.  That is your opinion and your entitled to it.  Applying your opinion about our scouting department to a draft picks odds of becoming a good / contributing / starting player is nothing but being negative.  Especially when you have not witnessed that player on field in a game that counts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JetsFan15 said:

Not sensitiveness just frankly don't understand fans who are so negative.  Doesn't make sense to root for a team but be so negative about it. 

You did question the pick, though.  You even asked if I thought Douglas would draft Polite.  That does not sound like someone who likes the pick. 

Saying our scouting staff sucks is subjective not based on fact.  That is your opinion and your entitled to it.  Applying your opinion about our scouting department to a draft picks odds of becoming a good / contributing / starting player is nothing but being negative.  Especially when you have not witnessed that player on field in a game that counts.

I’m not negative. I’m one of the more positive posters. 

Asking whether Douglas would draft Polite isn’t questioning the pick. It’s just an observation. I could have said it about any player we just drafted but this thread is about Polite. 

Our scouting staff sucks, you cannot dispute that at all. That’s not opinion, that’s a pure fact. 

Listen, stop being sensitive. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone is cheering for Polite. But fact is the odds aren't in his favor (the stats for 3rd rounders becoming stars isn't good). And I 100% think he proves me wrong. He slipped for a reason in the draft. Weight is an issue with him. He seems lazy off the filed. On the filed he's a high energy guy. But that energy needs to be on AND off the field. Just talent let him succeed in college, but won't in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Have they?

Their last few have been good in my opinion, nothing spectacular but they’ve added some good pieces and had obvious misses.

We’ve had, hits in round 1 and then MISSES everywhere else.

When Mac was getting his drafts criticized right after his firing they were ranking him among other teams.  He was landed somewhere awful as expected around like 28th by whatever metrics the analysts were using to rank them and one of the few teams worse then us was Philly at like 29th or 30th.

It was a red flag for me when we were talking about hiring Douglas.  Kept hearing how great he was but nobody was talking about how poorly PHI has drafted recently.  

Wentz was obviously a huge hit (assuming health) but after that is was largely disappointing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

When Mac was getting his drafts criticized right after his firing they were ranking him among other teams.  He was landed somewhere awful as expected around like 28th by whatever metrics the analysts were using to rank them and one of the few teams worse then us was Philly at like 29th or 30th.

It was a red flag for me when we were talking about hiring Douglas.  Kept hearing how great he was but nobody was talking about how poorly PHI has drafted recently.  

Wentz was obviously a huge hit (assuming health) but after that is was largely disappointing.

At the end of the day though he wasn't the final say so in Philly. I mean we don't blame Brian Heimerdinger for our bad drafting do we? Its the GM making the picks not that player personnel director. For all we know Douglas could have wanted very different players than who Philly drafted over the last few years. Bc he doesn't call the shots. Now he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

When Mac was getting his drafts criticized right after his firing they were ranking him among other teams.  He was landed somewhere awful as expected around like 28th by whatever metrics the analysts were using to rank them and one of the few teams worse then us was Philly at like 29th or 30th.

It was a red flag for me when we were talking about hiring Douglas.  Kept hearing how great he was but nobody was talking about how poorly PHI has drafted recently.  

Wentz was obviously a huge hit (assuming health) but after that is was largely disappointing.

It was a red flag for me as well. Philly has a similar draft history while Douglas has run the draft for them. They have high success in round 1 and bottom of the league after that. 

The reason why I’m excited about Douglas is because we have a QB in place. That’s half the battle. What he brings to the table that Macc didn’t is

- Will have a deep staff. This is tbd but it’s what I’m expecting. One man can’t do it all

- Will work with the coaching staff

- Will focus on the OLine 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

It was a red flag for me as well. Philly has a similar draft history while Douglas has run the draft for them. They have high success in round 1 and bottom of the league after that. 

The reason why I’m excited about Douglas is because we have a QB in place. That’s half the battle. What he brings to the table that Macc didn’t is

- Will have a deep staff. This is tbd but it’s what I’m expecting. One man can’t do it all

- Will work with the coaching staff

- Will focus on the OLine 

 

Whilst it is the reserved concern, it is certainly not a red flag.   Eagles are well assembled team so they could afford to draft prospects for 2nd level with potential future starters.  They did draft already out of season Sidney Jones in 2nd. Dallas Goedert was selected when they already had two solid TEs in Brent Celek and Zack Ertz.

 

Hiring Doulgas has nothing to do with draft being top priority.  FA, trade, identifying talents that will work with HC Gase and Williams are major keys for Jets. Those I like for Jets as GM, too.

 

Edited by JetsandI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Whilst it is the reserved concern, it is certainly not a red flag.   Eagles are well assembled team so they could afford to draft prospects for 2nd level with potential future starters.  They did draft already out of season Sidney Jones in 2nd. Dallas Goedert was selected when they already had two solid TEs in Brent Celek and Zack Ertz.

 

Hiring Doulgas has nothing to do with draft being top priority.  FA, trade, identifying talents that will work with HC Gase and Williams are major keys for Jets. Those I like for Jets as GM, too.

 

Concern is probably more appropriate.

That’s a good point. To your point, another reason why he’s an upgrade is that he will actually build a team as oppose to compiling pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Concern is probably more appropriate.

That’s a good point. To your point, another reason why he’s an upgrade is that he will actually build a team as oppose to compiling pieces.

Yeah. it is saddened to already witness someone trying to discount Douglas.  Keep high expectation in check?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

When Mac was getting his drafts criticized right after his firing they were ranking him among other teams.  He was landed somewhere awful as expected around like 28th by whatever metrics the analysts were using to rank them and one of the few teams worse then us was Philly at like 29th or 30th.

It was a red flag for me when we were talking about hiring Douglas.  Kept hearing how great he was but nobody was talking about how poorly PHI has drafted recently.  

Wentz was obviously a huge hit (assuming health) but after that is was largely disappointing.

I just don’t see Philly’s drafts as poor. 

A lot of our guys aren’t even in the league anymore. 

Philly’s drafted multiple starters, special teamers and obviously had missed. 

Outside of round 1 give me Philly’s last few drafts over ours. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

At the end of the day though he wasn't the final say so in Philly. I mean we don't blame Brian Heimerdinger for our bad drafting do we? Its the GM making the picks not that player personnel director. For all we know Douglas could have wanted very different players than who Philly drafted over the last few years. Bc he doesn't call the shots. Now he does.

As Director of College Scouting for the Bears he was part of the group that picked some really good players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×