JACHAI POLITE

doumeyer

13 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I’m not negative. I’m one of the more positive posters. 

Asking whether Douglas would draft Polite isn’t questioning the pick. It’s just an observation. I could have said it about any player we just drafted but this thread is about Polite. 

Our scouting staff sucks, you cannot dispute that at all. That’s not opinion, that’s a pure fact. 

Listen, stop being sensitive. 

I will say one thing .. your posts like this make me laugh.  Thank you for that.

32 minutes ago, JetsFan15 said:

I will say one thing .. your posts like this make me laugh.  Thank you for that.

Come on man, we’re on the same team here. It’s not that serious. 

This team is heading in the right direction but we’ve got a lot of work to do still. That’s all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Come on man, we’re on the same team here. It’s not that serious. 

This team is heading in the right direction but we’ve got a lot of work to do still. That’s all.

Agree man - think we are moving in the right direction and of course we have work to do.  I think Gase is the best OC we have had in a long time and hope he can become a good HC unlike Rex/Bowles.  I think Williams is the best DC we have had since Rex/Pettine combo.  I think that will lead to some of the draft picks in recent history having a better shot to become better players.  Hence reasons to be positive. 

On 6/18/2019 at 4:06 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

I just don’t see Philly’s drafts as poor. 

A lot of our guys aren’t even in the league anymore. 

Philly’s drafted multiple starters, special teamers and obviously had missed. 

Outside of round 1 give me Philly’s last few drafts over ours. 

That's either hate for Mac, grass is green on the other side mentality, or just hope that Douglas didn't have final say on the players picked (I'm pretty sure he was heavily involved though so as I said it's a red flag I saw during the hiring process).  That post had nothing to with my opinion or feelings towards the matter just relaying that information. 

I'm just telling you that an in depth study on the recent drafts has pegged PHI as worse then the Jets.  Douglas was a huge part of their scouting and drafting even if he didn't have final say.  We all want to kill Mac for his drafting then blindly follow Douglas when what little evidence we have of him is his hand in a terrible draft record in PHI.  I'm glass half full approach on him and hope he does great so we'll see.  Lets all hope he does better because if not we'll ruin any chance we have to build around Sam.    

10 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

That's either hate for Mac, grass is green on the other side mentality, or just hope that Douglas didn't have final say on the players picked (I'm pretty sure he was heavily involved though so as I said it's a red flag I saw during the hiring process).  That post had nothing to with my opinion or feelings towards the matter just relaying that information. 

I'm just telling you that an in depth study on the recent drafts has pegged PHI as worse then the Jets.  Douglas was a huge part of their scouting and drafting even if he didn't have final say.  We all want to kill Mac for his drafting then blindly follow Douglas when what little evidence we have of him is his hand in a terrible draft record in PHI.  I'm glass half full approach on him and hope he does great so we'll see.  Lets all hope he does better because if not we'll ruin any chance we have to build around Sam.    

What in depth study? Remember a lot of the Eagles picks are stuck behind better players at the moment. That’s what happens when you draft well. So everyone in the league has given the Eagles credit for the drafting and team building recently and yet this in depth study trumps it all.

I just think your definition of poor isn’t the same as mine. I can name at least 6 or 7 starters we’d have from those Eagles drafts and another 3 or 4 who would be rotation players or special teams guys.

Just because they aren’t pro bowl or all pro caliber players doesn’t mean they aren’t good. 

The guys we’ve brought in couldn’t stay in the league after we let them go. That says a lot. 

As for the point on Polite the question was simply would Douglas have drafted him after hearing Douglas speak. No one knows for sure but that’s why it was asked. 

Edited by KingOfTheDot

Lets just leave it at we have a talented edge rusher who put up 1st round tape but has questions about his work ethic and desire. We shall see if the coaching staff can get him to become a productive pass rusher. But he has more talent at it than anyone on our roster currently. 

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Lets just leave it at we have a talented edge rusher who put up 1st round tape but has questions about his work ethic and desire. We shall see if the coaching staff can get him to become a productive pass rusher. But he has more talent at it than anyone on our roster currently. 

Maybe, I just wish he had been in shape at the combine to see his twitch and power measurements. I didn’t see him play much but I looked back at 3 mock drafts from January (Draftwire, Wash Post, and Bleacher) that all had him in the 1st round (12,12, wmd 19), and PFF had him with a grade over 90. That indicates to me, that his on field performance was solid. 

16 hours ago, Rich51 said:

Maybe, I just wish he had been in shape at the combine to see his twitch and power measurements. I didn’t see him play much but I looked back at 3 mock drafts from January (Draftwire, Wash Post, and Bleacher) that all had him in the 1st round (12,12, wmd 19), and PFF had him with a grade over 90. That indicates to me, that his on field performance was solid. 

I am happy he was not in better shape as I don't believe he would have been there in the 3rd if he was.  So while the pre draft stuff is concerning it allowed us to grab a 1st round talent in the 3rd.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, KingOfTheDot said:

What in depth study? Remember a lot of the Eagles picks are stuck behind better players at the moment. That’s what happens when you draft well. So everyone in the league has given the Eagles credit for the drafting and team building recently and yet this in depth study trumps it all.

I just think your definition of poor isn’t the same as mine. I can name at least 6 or 7 starters we’d have from those Eagles drafts and another 3 or 4 who would be rotation players or special teams guys.

Just because they aren’t pro bowl or all pro caliber players doesn’t mean they aren’t good. 

The guys we’ve brought in couldn’t stay in the league after we let them go. That says a lot. 

As for the point on Polite the question was simply would Douglas have drafted him after hearing Douglas speak. No one knows for sure but that’s why it was asked. 

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/5/17/18629056/new-york-jets-how-bad-was-mike-maccagnans-draft-performance-stats-on-maccagnan-drafts-2015-2018

Maybe I was off a bit because this one has PHI just ahead of NY but still really bad.  The other one I saw I swore had PHI ranked even lower.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:38 PM, Rockice_8 said:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2019/5/17/18629056/new-york-jets-how-bad-was-mike-maccagnans-draft-performance-stats-on-maccagnan-drafts-2015-2018

Maybe I was off a bit because this one has PHI just ahead of NY but still really bad.  The other one I saw I swore had PHI ranked even lower.

It really depends on how you think of Wentz. Two years ago many had him as a strong MVP candidate. Wentz, if he can stay healthy, could be a top 5 QB for the next 15 years. Like us they took a gamble and could have ended up with Goff  but, imo Goff will be a better qB than Rosen and Allen (our consolation prize if the Giants had taken Darnold.)

Besides taking Wentz at 2: they drafted 14, 20 and  mid second round while we drafted at 3, 6, 6 and  20. Their trade to the Vikings of Bradford for a 1St and 4th was masterful, imo. 

The Eagles averaged 9 wins per year to our 6, so it had to be more than just the draft to build their team. 

I thought Sidney Jones was a top 2or 3 CB in his class. If he ever gets healthy, it will raise Philly’s overall rating

in any case Douglas wasn’t the guy heading the draft but when he was hired Philly did a great job in reinventing their team after the Chip Kelly fiasco

On 6/28/2019 at 3:38 PM, Rockice_8 said:

Finally got a chance to look at this. 

Good stuff but this part stands out

“It’s an imperfect measure, especially over small samples or single seasons”

that was kind of where I stand on some of the recent Eagles picks in that they just haven’t gotten the snaps because they’re behind better players.