OK, Aaron Rodgers will turn Matt LaFleur into next idiot

William Lee

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-wants-more-freedom-205544894.html

“I don’t think you want me to turn off 11 years,” Rodgers tells Mike Silver of NFL Media in a story that Silver says is coming early this week. “There’s stuff that not many people in the league can do at the line. That’s not a humble brag. That’s just a fact.”

As the proprietor of an establishment that publicizes and analyzes remarks like this, however, I’m not complaining about Rodgers letting us know what he doesn’t like about the new offense. Even if he may not like the fact that people are noticing and interpreting the words he has chosen to utter.

Just like great Dan Marino did to Jimmy Johnson.

Edited by William Lee

If possible (I'm not a contract aficionado), GB should have traded Rodgers and started a rebuild. He is a high-maintenance primadonna and he isn't good enough anymore to be worth the headache.

Edited by Elky
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Elky said:

GB should have traded Rodgers and started a rebuild. He is a high-maintenance primadonna.

Not a terrible idea tbh. They could get a haul and in the meantime, GB won’t be a legitimate contender. It’s time to start the rebuild in GB. They might be doing so a year or two early, but in a year or two I don’t expect Rodgers to net them a great return. Should have traded him to Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey, pick #7 in 2019, and a conditional 1st/2nd for 2020.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Not a terrible idea tbh. They could get a haul and in the meantime, GB won’t be a legitimate contender. It’s time to start the rebuild in GB. They might be doing so a year or two early, but in a year or two I don’t expect Rodgers to net them a great return. Should have traded him to Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey, pick #7 in 2019, and a conditional 1st/2nd for 2020.

Well the $46 million cap hit on a team with $8 million in cap space would make that tough to do.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Danger said:

I don't think Matt LaFleur was a good hire, he wasn't ready to be a HC.

guy wasn't a good offensive coordinator he was a weird hire. Guy got a job based solely on watching sean mcvay call plays for a year.

Edited by ninjapirate

2 hours ago, FinSting said:

These kids today. Bum Phillips, Earl Campbell and the Houston Oilers never have any offensive philosophy disagreements. 

Because their offense was "give it to Campbell until he can't walk anymore" back then.

I'm sure Earl might have a different opinion now that he can't bend over to tie his shoe...

• Like 2