Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

Does anyone really want a QB that would not want input to the play calling, or the ability to check out of plays?   Every QB should want this.

How the team works through if/when Rodgers can check out will be the interesting part.   People that claim to know are blowing hot air.

• Like 1

Don’t know if y’all saw the stay about MVS having the second highest percentage of targets with more than a step of separation. And Davante was 4th. 

Two guys being so high on the list and one being a rookie, I think this stat says more about the QB.

So, to be fair to this conversation, Aaron is clearly throwing to wide open receivers a good amount of the time. That says a lot about him reading the defense after the snap and knowing where to go. It also says he’s making a good amount pre snap adjustments so he’s in a good play. It also says he might hold the ball a lot rather than throw into competitive coverages. 

Aarons game obviously has its strengths. His two interceptions in a full season last year is just insane. But I still think he’s leaning so far on the side of rigid perfectionism that he’s not getting his full potential. I do like Lafleurs run the ball and execute at a fast pace style to balance out some of ARs perfectionism. Im still on the camp of people who hope AR adjusts some.