Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

6 hours ago, Norm said:

I know the first one, who could we have got for the second one?

Probably talking about Baker Mayfield. He did look legit the first year. But then again, a lot of QB's can impress their first year. Its what happens when other teams have tape on their tendencies/weaknesses and can scheme to exploit them. Then the be's get separated from the wannabe's. 

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Bet.

I enjoy your posts on this topic immensely!  Partly because I agree. One thing I like about Rodgers diliberate approach at the line is it lulls teams into thinking they have time, and that’s when Rodgers snaps quick to get a 12th man penalty. 

That one penalty per game doesn’t make up for what he loses. Brady regularly quick snaps the ball just to change pace. He gets up to the center, doesn’t even bother to look around and snaps the ball and usually hands it off on those cases. I feel like I see that 5+ times per game with Brady. And many other good QBs. That keeps teams off balance for when the ball is going to be snapped and puts pressure on their process.

lafleur seems to want to do more this. I’m fine with some play changing.  But I think AR should put down the how special he is ego and do some of the simple things like a quick snap or a pass to a RB in the flat. That’s what separates Brady from AR. Brady does the simple things even if they don’t give him glory. He just wins.

i believe AR is obsessed with how special he is and wants to do these things only he can do because he loves that admiration. Favre pissed me off down the stretch, putting himself above the team in different ways. Rodgers is now doing his style of the same thing. Yuck. Just do the simple ****, Rodgers. It’s not all bout your glory. Just like Favre  showing up to off season work was a simple thing he could do to contribute to the team but he wouldn’t do it. 

Favre did do the simple **** on the field though. He did quick snaps and handed off the ball and threw to the RB in the flat. He just didn’t want to show up to offseason work. 

Edited by boratt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, boratt said:

i believe AR is obsessed with how special he is and wants to do these things only he can do because he loves that admiration.

The level of ridiculousness that some fans reach through sheer imagination is astounding.  How does one even begin to formulate such outlandish theories when they've never ever had a single conversation with the person?  Oh that's right.  Through Mike Florio, Bleacher Report and spurned ex-Packers.  Gotcha.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Only if it’s the Packers that win the Super Bowl.  At 32nd overall, I’m on board with a WR or TE with our first pick.  Only at 32 though.  

If we win the Super Bowl this year I swear on all th... Not all, but I swear on The Thing as my favorite movie I will do something embarrassing and admit I was wrong.  We won’t win the Super Bowl this year though.  That’s not me trying to reverse jinx it, that is just 100% factual, and I’m okay with that because I’ll still enjoy watching Gary and Savage and Alexander and Clark and their progression.  

Lol outpost quit playing like you only care about young player possession next year when we all know damn well you’ll be throwing **** at the TV in 2019-2020 playoffs  

23 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The level of ridiculousness that some fans reach through sheer imagination is astounding.  How does one even begin to formulate such outlandish theories when they've never ever had a single conversation with the person?  Oh that's right.  Through Mike Florio, Bleacher Report and spurned ex-Packers.  Gotcha.

Mercedes lewis talking about how Rodgers just did whatever he wanted. This time it worked. But how many times did it cost us?? 

"One time I really saw it for the first time, we were in the huddle. I guess McCarthy called in a play, and Aaron was kind of like, 'Nah,'" Lewis told Yahoo Sports on Thursday. "He gave a direction and a protection to the line, and went. It was a four-minute offense, he threw a 40-yard bomb for a completion. I'm like, 'What's really going on?' I've never seen anything like that before in my life."

5 minutes ago, boratt said:

Mercedes lewis talking about how Rodgers just did whatever he wanted. This time it worked. But how many times did it cost us?? 

"One time I really saw it for the first time, we were in the huddle. I guess McCarthy called in a play, and Aaron was kind of like, 'Nah,'" Lewis told Yahoo Sports on Thursday. "He gave a direction and a protection to the line, and went. It was a four-minute offense, he threw a 40-yard bomb for a completion. I'm like, 'What's really going on?' I've never seen anything like that before in my life."

Wow you extrapolated all of that from Rodgers changing a play that worked out great.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Wow you extrapolated all of that from Rodgers changing a play that worked out great.

Winston Moss comments, listening to Rodgers talk, listening to lafleaur, listening to McCarthy. 

Time will tell who as the more accurate read. 

20 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Shocking.  I am shocked.  I wish there had been someone for years telling people that Aaron Rodgers is his own worst enemy and that he's not as great as he could be due to his own ego. 

Everybody here is insulting Florio and literally all he did was state the obvious about Rodgers. 

Florio IS insulting and has earned our rath.  His constant love affair with the Vikings and anti Packer antics is obvious.  His take (and sounds like yours) chiding Rodgers is basically click bait for non Packer fans.  It wouldn't be so bad and who cares but when a poster replies/disagrees with his articles, all you get is "waiting moderation".  His intent is constant anti Packer and that's what bugs me.  

8 hours ago, boratt said:

Rodgers is stubborn and hard to coach. It’s obvious. 

Yeah right, that's the only reason for sure. O.o  Had nothing to do with a crap offensive scheme, failure to use his running backs , 80% new receivers, defense that sucked, special teams even worse.  That being said, he's got to get on board with LF and get this offense rolling.