Aaron Rodgers Wants More Control.

GHARMON9

1 hour ago, coachbuns said:

Yeah right, that's the only reason for sure. O.o  Had nothing to do with a crap offensive scheme, failure to use his running backs , 80% new receivers, defense that sucked, special teams even worse.  That being said, he's got to get on board with LF and get this offense rolling. 

1. He never said that was the only reason for anything.

2. It's hard to evaluate a scheme when the QB isn't playing to it. Rodgers is a huge part of not using the RBs, both in changing runs to passes and refusing to throw the checks. Adams, Graham, half a season of Cobb, and Jones with a top tier offensive line is more than enough talent at the skill positions to make up for having two talented rookies at receiver. If it isn't, Rodgers is overrated as hell.

Rodgers was an average QB last year. None of the things you listed explain why Rodgers ball placement was mediocre all year, or why he couldn't throw a deep ball, or why he refused to throw into any tight windows. That was all him. Not McCarthy, Thompson, or MVS. 

The man needs to do some introspection and evaluate if "his" game is the best way to win football games. 

• Like 1

This was my biggest concern with this hire.

We hired a disciple of Sean "Get to the line immediately so I can evaluate the defense and tell my QB exactly who to throw to" McVay, to coach Aaron "I'm the smartest guy in the room" Rodgers.

And that isn't to say I'm convinced it's going to be a problem and that this isn't overhyped, but damn Rodgers, just say there's no problems and you love the new system.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We hired a disciple of Sean "Get to the line immediately so I can evaluate the defense and tell my QB exactly who to throw to" McVay, to coach Aaron "I'm the smartest guy in the room" Rodgers.

And that isn't to say I'm convinced it's going to be a problem and that this isn't overhyped, but damn Rodgers, just say there's no problems and you love the new system.

All of this!  Especially the part about just saying you love the new system.  The dude just can’t help himself.  Aaron - just smile and wave bud.  FFS.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2. It's hard to evaluate a scheme when the QB isn't playing to it. Rodgers is a huge part of not using the RBs, both in changing runs to passes and refusing to throw the checks. Adams, Graham, half a season of Cobb, and Jones with a top tier offensive line is more than enough talent at the skill positions to make up for having two talented rookies at receiver. If it isn't, Rodgers is overrated as hell.

Rodgers was an average QB last year. None of the things you listed explain why Rodgers ball placement was mediocre all year, or why he couldn't throw a deep ball, or why he refused to throw into any tight windows. That was all him. Not McCarthy, Thompson, or MVS. 

The man needs to do some introspection and evaluate if "his" game is the best way to win football games. 

Re: 2: if the options to use the RBs aren’t in the offense you can’t do it; there’s literally no way for us to know without knowing what MMs playbook was and what they practiced all year. What we do know from comments by Grant is that MM prioritized other things during practices and we can infer from games Rodgers didn’t start that the RB wasn’t a part of the passing game in this offense.

50 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

He spent one season with Sean as his boss; but even so why should we not let Rodgers get to the line ASAP to evaluate things? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boratt said:

Mercedes lewis talking about how Rodgers just did whatever he wanted. This time it worked. But how many times did it cost us?? 

"One time I really saw it for the first time, we were in the huddle. I guess McCarthy called in a play, and Aaron was kind of like, 'Nah,'" Lewis told Yahoo Sports on Thursday. "He gave a direction and a protection to the line, and went. It was a four-minute offense, he threw a 40-yard bomb for a completion. I'm like, 'What's really going on?' I've never seen anything like that before in my life."

If Lewis thought this team with AR under center is gonna implode why did he resign?

Edited by Pugger
  • Like 1

Just now, Pugger said:

I see there are folks here who blame Rodgers for McCarthy getting fired last season.  However, if he was so wonderful why is he still unemployed?  

First, nobody said McCarthy was great.  

Second, using somebody being unemployed as proof that they suck, especially after being smeared by ruthless fans who put all the blame on him, is a terrible attempt at justification.  

As far as Marcedes Lewis re-signing, again... Turrible attempt at justification.  Maybe he re-signed because we offered to re-sign him and he thought things would change under a new head coach.

Some people are perfectly capable of putting all the blame on McCarthy.  Others can look at Aaron Rodgers and his performance against the worst team in football last year.  Some people can blame McCarthy fully for that game.  Some people can see that, when Aaron Rodgers has his worst yards per attempt of his entire career against the worst team in football, maybe it wasn't all on McCarthy.

Yes, it's true.  You can look it up yourself.  Aaron Rodgers had 4.7 yards per attempt against the Cardinals.  THE CARDINALS.  That was Aaron's worst game as a professional football player in a game he finished.  In his entire career.  Yet it's all McCarthy's fault. 

On 50 attempts, Rodgers had 233 yards passing. 

And the evidence doesn't improve for Rodgers.  Rodgers had 6.8 yards per attempt under Philbin last year.  He averaged 7.7 yards per attempt while coached by McCarthy. 

With McCarthy - 21 touchdowns, 1 interception.
Without McCarthy, 4 touchdowns, 1 interception.

Aaron Rodgers sucked last year and everybody is ready to blame McCarthy without casting the slightest glance at Rodgers and it is sickening. 

Edited by Outpost31
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Of course some of it was Rodgers. Good gosh, it's not just black or white. I did mention Rodgers has to get on board and get with the program. By the way,  I didnt see any other reason given as u suggest.

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

A significant knee injury to his plant leg would explain it well enough for me. Because Rodgers has played through injuries before at a high level, his Week 1 hit, where every single fan with half a brain knew his season was done, gets overlooked. As I've said before, hit your plant knee with a hammer and then go throw a football. Let me know how that goes. Even if it healed well enough, he looked like he was compensating the whole season. You have to throw out last season because of it.

New judgement starts now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

A significant knee injury to his plant leg would explain it well enough for me. Because Rodgers has played through injuries before at a high level, his Week 1 hit, where every single fan with half a brain knew his season was done, gets overlooked. As I've said before, hit your plant knee with a hammer and then go throw a football. Let me know how that goes. Even if it healed well enough, he looked like he was compensating the whole season. You have to throw out last season because of it.

New judgement starts now.

So we're going to give Rodgers the Steph Curry treatment?

Seems like nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So we're going to give Rodgers the Steph Curry treatment?

Seems like nonsense. 

I mean, he actually was hurt though wasn't he? Deciding to play through his injury and starting all 16 games tells me all I need to know about who I want at QB.

Not that I condone players being dumb and playing through significant injury, but that seems to be what's expected nowadays. 

Took a line drive off the knee while pitching. Not an unfamiliar pain. No different than a one point landing in basketball or banging knees in football. Then I fell down on the first injury related warm up pitch. No problem. Walked it off - rubbed dirt on it - and fell down on the second warm up pitch. End of my day.

Edited by cannondale