Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Anyone else see something egregiously wrong here?

No, that picture is from Season 4 when Taylor ran for Prime Minister under that variation of his name to prevent identification because anime logic.  But sick spelling joke entrance.

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

No, that picture is from Season 4 when Taylor ran for Prime Minister under that variation of his name to prevent identification because anime logic.  

I'm unsure as to whether or not to binge watch this show so that I have a semblance of an idea of what's going on. I'm going to go with no. I know V for Vendetta and the character arcs like the back of my hand, and managed to basically screw town completely over on my final 4 day reign of terror.

But sick spelling joke entrance.

giphy.gif

Gotta have style if you can't have consistency/skill.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Which theory in particular does this apply to?

The Death book.

In all seriousness, PSA, based upon my wikipedia read and almost non knowledge of this game, I'd encourage anyone/everyone NOT to hard claim or spell their character's name correctly, unless they REALLY want to die.

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Or are you just looking for an easy way to cast a vote?

Yes, until I can find a reason to vote for @SwAg or tunnel in on @theuntouchable.

Also, can we assume the possibility of "other" since the anti-hero/main character Kira is ambiguous? He's a vig doing his best spiritual/anime Punisher basically.

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

The Death book.

In all seriousness, PSA, based upon my wikipedia read and almost non knowledge of this game, I'd encourage anyone/everyone NOT to hard claim or spell their character's name correctly, unless they REALLY want to die.

Yes, until I can find a reason to vote for @SwAg or tunnel in on @theuntouchable.

Also, can we assume the possibility of "other" since the anti-hero/main character Kira is ambiguous? He's a vig doing his best spiritual/anime Punisher basically.

I dont follow. What theory about the death book in particular? Is it something specific or the fact that it exist? 

Just now, SwAg said:

That’s actually less stupid than I thought of a point you were making.  

Back handed compliments are my favorite. Thank you?

Also, Swag came close to being nice/giving someone a compliment, but didn't commit and still found a way to make an insult. This is definitely TOWN Swag.

Just now, SwAg said:

But, also, may be too detailed for this / American/Japanese version.

Maybe so, but I couldn't help noticing the fairly obvious inconsistency, and the theories spiraled from there without anyone else "noticing" it.

Just now, SwAg said:

But, we have our first dynamic: MWil vs. Matts.

Just remember everyone, a hammer and a nail don't have a rivalry.

I don't know why he thinks he should vote for you based on it, but I don't know what you're not understanding about what MWil said.

Name is different in the write-up and picture.  People die when their name is written.  His name technically wasn't written.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Just remember everyone, a hammer and a nail don't have a rivalry.

Not sure how this is applicable. For it to be a rivalry there his to be mutual dislike. You make non stop comments about me. I couldnt care less about you. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont follow. What theory about the death book in particular? Is it something specific or the fact that it exist? 

Seriously?

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Some initial thoughts from episode 1:

There are more than one death note demon (Ryuk the Shinigami) in some other world not heaven or hell.

Light is the main character and to be killed he has to be written in Ryuks personal death book.

THIS comment/statement. For him to be killed, his name HAS TO BE written in the personal death book. It was clearly misspelled one way or the other and yet there's still a death.

You write a name in the book and they die of a heart attack. Or you can chose to write how you want them to die. I bet Malf is going to be creative by asking whoever uses the death note about cause of death. So start thinking of something funny/hard for him. 

I'm not sure why you're confused. You affirm this again here.

Light looks to maybe be the godfather. 

If it follows the story line with Light showing Ryuk how to use it, yes.

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Episode 3:

Death note kills can have a specified time of death. Could be related to day kills.

Ryuk gives Light hints when he is being followed. Could be a game related move.

Ryuk gets extra life when he kills people. (bonus moves?)

Ryuk knows every ones names (investigations?)

All of this assumes just 2 scum then, correct? I'd be shocked if there were only 2 scum.

6 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Ryuk can make deals (his eyes) for a price. 

That price being cutting the lifespan in half, correct?

I don't know why he thinks he should vote for you based on it, but I don't know what you're not understanding about what MWil said.

Name is different in the write-up and picture.  People die when their name is written.  His name technically wasn't written.

Thanks for answering the question for him. Really helpful.

He also said he has 0 knowledge of the game outside of wiki and dropped the Kira bit in the same post. I was trying to see how much he actually knew and how much he was bluffing. Trying to see if he was tying me to his own (possibly scum chat discussed) theory. Hence why I wanted to know specifically what theory he was trying to tie me too.

Because if his theory that the death book doesnt exist, in a game called death note, when the host is wearing a Ryuk avy, then he is just simply not paying attention. 

4 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Not sure how this is applicable. For it to be a rivalry there his to be mutual dislike.

I agree, hence another reason why it's not a rivalry.

You make non stop comments about me.

You still need to learn the difference between being sarcastic and sardonic.

I couldnt care less about you. 

You also should pay attention to what I've stated over and over, which is that I make comments and go after people to get reactions, almost always from OTHER players, not even the person that I'm speaking to. Ask @SwAg @theuntouchable @rackcs or @Forge who is a fellow poker player. Believe me when I mean that none of what I tell you/anyone else should be taken personally. It's just a game, and I have fun. If you feel like I'm crossing a line, just let me know, and I'll apologize. I'm serious.

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thanks for answering the question for him. Really helpful.

He also said he has 0 knowledge of the game outside of wiki and dropped the Kira bit in the same post. I was trying to see how much he actually knew and how much he was bluffing. Trying to see if he was tying me to his own (possibly scum chat discussed) theory. Hence why I wanted to know specifically what theory he was trying to tie me too.

Because if his theory that the death book doesnt exist, in a game called death note, when the host is wearing a Ryuk avy, then he is just simply not paying attention. 

Yeah, what he said was just so complicated that it really needed spelled out.