Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

On 6/17/2019 at 9:45 AM, ET80 said:

A few things about my game play this game:

- I am going to block three of you at random.

- I plan on using 1-2 word responses. 

- I may or may not read my role. I don't know yet.

Question: does that include gifs? Or is that straight out?

4 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

If I'm making a mafia game, Light would be a Mastermind-like role.

How would that even work?

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

So, who all is more than rank zero on this theme?  You don’t have to identify yourself (I know a lot of you already have), but you all need to police each other when people start making flavor arguments.

It would be extremely helpful if people use names that they put (good guy) or (bad guy) next to it. I'm already pretty lost lol

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The Death book.

In all seriousness, PSA, based upon my wikipedia read and almost non knowledge of this game, I'd encourage anyone/everyone NOT to hard claim or spell their character's name correctly, unless they REALLY want to die.

Yes, until I can find a reason to vote for @SwAg or tunnel in on @theuntouchable.

Also, can we assume the possibility of "other" since the anti-hero/main character Kira is ambiguous? He's a vig doing his best spiritual/anime Punisher basically.

Interesting

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Seriously?

THIS comment/statement. For him to be killed, his name HAS TO BE written in the personal death book. It was clearly misspelled one way or the other and yet there's still a death.

I'm not sure why you're confused. You affirm this again here.

If it follows the story line with Light showing Ryuk how to use it, yes.

All of this assumes just 2 scum then, correct? I'd be shocked if there were only 2 scum.

That price being cutting the lifespan in half, correct?

Given 23 people I'd say 6 or 7 imo

58 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Lore-wise, what the Death Note's powers really boil down to as far as this game goes, is that it requires a name and a face.

Presumably, we all know eachother's faces (a face in this context would be our usernames). Anyone who knows the Lore also has a very good idea what the Role names are going to be in the game.

But unless one can match a name with a face (in the lore, one has to have their face in the mind of writing down the name), you can't be killed by the Death Note.

I'd guess Death Note kills work in a similar fashion in this game, although Kira almost certainly has some sort of investigation ability to go along with it.

Keep this in mind if you ever think about hard or even soft claiming.

More talk about hard and soft claiming...I'm starting to think these people have role based knowledge

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Nic Cage mafia doesn't start yet.

If you guys wanna roll me, have at it. 

But, just so you know, when you do:

1. Most importantly, you're condemning me to another week+ WITHOUT mafia. I'll hold that grudge for a while.

2. You'll be disappointed when I flip

3. Remember that I'm at least scum hunting and have caught someone else lying about "insignificant" things while trying to interject himself in the middle of the hunt.

Are you even the vote leader?

Just now, The Orca said:

How would that even work?

It would be extremely helpful if people use names that they put (good guy) or (bad guy) next to it. I'm already pretty lost lol

Interesting

Given 23 people I'd say 6 or 7 imo

More talk about hard and soft claiming...I'm starting to think these people have role based knowledge

On forum mafia it would obviously have to be edited somewhat.

I would anticipate multiple Kiras in this game

1 minute ago, The Orca said:

I was at  the time and probably still am. I was also thinking about quoting my own name in a quote thread/quoting myself just for the Marvel LULZ but decided against it.

2 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Nah, just lore-based knowledge. The show boils down to

Kira attempting to uncover the name(s) of those he needs to eliminate

so such a mechanic makes sense.