Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

6 hours ago, SwAg said:

Also, not sure your 2-3 Mafia math checks out with 2 factions in a game this size with a SK already, and now you’re talking about conversion on top of it.  You’re fearmonging.

There's Light/Misa left at minimum. Plus the random death note, I have to assume there's more mafia out there potentially. 

5 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Ups Dome's vote to 4/close to a lynch RIGHT before the deadline and gives Rags the benefit of the doubt.

Conveniently posts 1 minute PAST the deadline

Mission and Dingo seem very off IMO.

Both seem very willing to push swag (not invalid, but they're tunneling and unwilling to go another route)...and Malf always tells us to remember who tunnels (see my rationale on Rags).

Also, @DingoLadd, care to share who you are "definitely going for next"?

@Forge, why exactly did you give Dingo a mask? Did I miss something? Do you know something?

You/James actually, but you calling the rem thing makes me feel a little bit better about you.

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Here's my point with the apples:

In the show/movie, there's someone who gives Ryuk (Midora?) 13 apples in exchange for an EXTRA death note. Here, we see Matts/Misison's character doing it in plain sight:

https://deathnote.fandom.com/wiki/Apples

Below, we see Ryuk "accepting them"

Matt then likes the post. It could be nothing, or it could be a game mechanic.

@Forge 

I'd say no but who knows with Malf. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

So, you THINK that Rags is telling the truth about Swag and actually invested/got a scum result back?

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Woz said:

Sort of. Unfortunately.

You've been wondering aloud if Rem is in the game, but have discounted the possibility?

TYJP-01256_04.jpg

Hey there.

I have the unfortunate duty to announce that I'm Misa's bodyguard. If you attempt to kill Misa, you kill me instead. Even though I am a Shinigami, I am town. Don't ask me how that works, it didn't make much sense to me when I read the role.

That said, there is a pathway where Misa dies but I don't. I'm not going to say how (because I don't want to reveal how to dodge it for Misa, should that be SwAg or someone else). But this isn't it.

Woz came out to potentially defend Misa. '

Do I really need to say why we should lynch swag? Woz thinks he's misa. 

You are not town. 

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Still not Misa.

Swag saying this despite getting Misa's bodyguard defending him.

1 hour ago, Counselor said:

Well this throws a wrench in the whole shabang

Lynch Swag, Woz kinda simple tbh. 

Just now, DingoLadd said:

There's Light/Misa left at minimum. Plus the random death note, I have to assume there's more mafia out there potentially. 

You/James actually, but you calling the rem thing makes me feel a little bit better about you.

I'd say no but who knows with Malf. 

Yes. 

Woz came out to potentially defend Misa. '

Do I really need to say why we should lynch swag? Woz thinks he's misa. 

You are not town. 

Swag saying this despite getting Misa's bodyguard defending him.

Lynch Swag, Woz kinda simple tbh. 

I’m torn on this cus then we would lose Woz? But I’m worried about how long Swag would have protection for while Swag and friends picked us off. If we kill Swags protection we can lynch Swag the next night. This was my original thought. I don’t think the majority wants to go there though. 

@Dome

I'm not going to vote James. Circumstantially, there's enough there to make me believe the veracity of his claim. 

1. Orca's death write up. With his fiance, who is conveniently not named. This would support the potential mason angle. 

2. No role with Orca. As you alluded to, indicating that he is a Mason gives a free clear to another town. I think both this and #1 were done intentionally. 

Also, quotes from James

On 6/21/2019 at 5:53 PM, James said:

My ability sucked from the start, after day 1 got slightly more enjoyable but I'm pretty much vanilla now. Scum wouldn't dare waste a hit on me :P

19 hours ago, James said:

I'll just unvote for now and see if that puts me on track for a 2-day inactive death.

I'm Naomi Mayori. I got to share a chat with Orca. He thought dome lost his balls because he tried to hit naz and failed. That was more than enough of his opinions for my liking, so I mostly stayed out of our chat.

Well before this day started, he said his ability sucked and that it got more enjoyable after day 1 (the day that Orca died), and that he's pretty much vanilla. I think that their only ability was that they were Masons, and that first quote, told days prior to the second, is in line with the feeling I get looking at that second quote. 

Back to Swag for me (Sorry @Woz)

Edited by Forge
feel ---> believe

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

People's lack of taking Mission seriously is probably going to cost us the game TBH.

He's actually moved up to 2nd on my list after catching up.

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

tbh, we know Rag is a liar already, it's baffling that you all are allowing the two pushing me the hardest on questionable rationales to skate.

Yeah he's mafia, not exactly trustworthy but it's 50-50 whether he'd lie to screw over town vs. another faction. 

7 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Now you're afraid to lynch me.

lol I'm not afraid to lynch you. Swag.

11 minutes ago, Counselor said:

@Forge what are you thinking with this vote? 

I'm back to swag. Still the one I feel the worst about overall. The Woz thing is a wrinkle, but what he said doesn't change anything with regards to Rags' claim, Swag's potentially being scum, etc.

Furthermore, I can't discount the possibility that Woz, while telling the truth about being Rem, being forced to protect Misa / Swag, isn't lying about being town. 3 scum gives us 6 total in a 23 person game, which is about right. Misa / Light / Rem could make a lot of sense as the final 3. 

The only thing that I can't get past would be that he was on the sensor. Would both light and rem be invest proof? They both make sense for having that ability (Kira as a godfather type role, Rem because of source material).