Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Another potential thing for Woz is, Rem is his cover role and he's light.

Why Woz would come out trying to save Mis-......oh.

Ohhhh

Ohhhhhhhh

ohhhhh

If misa dies, Rem Kills Light. 

I remember that promise from the anime, Woz is light. TLDR; Rem loves Misa and threatens light that if anything happens to her she will kill him. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The fact that Mwil just tried to attribute that to James, when 6 hours ago he knew it was Dingo bugs me. 

Eh, I made a mistake and owned it. It happens. When I go 6-7 hours from getting a response from multiple people and the others I'm counting on to at least think through some of the points that I've made don't seem to care, I start getting antsy. I pointed out my thoughts as to REM being in the game earlier and asked you about his alignment, only to be ignored. I told you my thoughts about James lying/misspelling his own name and not claiming mason earlier, and I questioned Dingo and Mission openly way back this morning. I've even said that I'd personally go:

James

Dingo

MIssion

Before Swag for those reasons, but that Swag is also a possibility. The Red/Black Kira alignment REALLY bothers me and the fact that our best read is based upon an anti town person claiming to out another scum...I don't see the incentive.

2 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Another potential thing for Woz is, Rem is his cover role and he's light.

Why Woz would come out trying to save Mis-......oh.

Ohhhh

Ohhhhhhhh

ohhhhh

If misa dies, Rem Kills Light. 

I remember that promise from the anime, Woz is light. TLDR; Rem loves Misa and threatens light that if anything happens to her she will kill him. 

That’s one hell of a cover role. So you think if we kill Swag and he is Misa, Woz dying would be actually killing Light too!? That would be a hell of a two for one. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Same reason I gave one to Dome. I think he's town. It also allowed me to test the functionality of said mask. 

WHY do you think that he's town? That's what I'm asking. He wasn't even on Dome's censor clear list. Why not ET? Why not Woz? Why not me? You chose to give it to someone and play the odds, which are against town? Do you doubt the validity of Dome as Town as well and think his censor claim to be bogus?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fair enough. I know that you're probably not read up, but do you have any thoughts? 

I think I have no clue what's going on - so I'm using today/tonight as a baseline to pick up. There's a clear divide on Woz (SwAg) and James, so this should give me something to work with.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Eh, I made a mistake and owned it. It happens. When I go 6-7 hours from getting a response from multiple people and the others I'm counting on to at least think through some of the points that I've made don't seem to care, I start getting antsy. I pointed out my thoughts as to REM being in the game earlier and asked you about his alignment, only to be ignored. I told you my thoughts about James lying/misspelling his own name and not claiming mason earlier, and I questioned Dingo and Mission openly way back this morning. I've even said that I'd personally go:

James

Dingo

MIssion

Before Swag for those reasons, but that Swag is also a possibility. The Red/Black Kira alignment REALLY bothers me and the fact that our best read is based upon an anti town person claiming to out another scum...I don't see the incentive.

So does misspelling a name. Though I get that you want an explanation for that, what happens if the explanation is simply, "I made a mistake?". By your own admission, they happen. 

Second bolded, I did not ignore you. I responded and said that I thought it wasn't worth going into because nothing was confirmed with regards to that, so I didn't feel it was worth answering as it felt diversionary. I get that you may not love that answer, but it is an answer. 

If you guys want to vote James, I certainly understand it. I made a post about why I would not. For me there is enough there that makes his claim believable to me, while there is enough there for you to not believe it. Certainly understand that. Just a difference of opinion there. 

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

WHY do you think that he's town? That's what I'm asking. He wasn't even on Dome's censor clear list. Why not ET? Why not Woz? Why not me? You chose to give it to someone and play the odds, which are against town? Do you doubt the validity of Dome as Town as well and think his censor claim to be bogus?

I went with my read. His claim (and ability) were uncountered and sitting out there. The idea of having a guinea pig to test out the mask's actual ability was appealing as well. Subsequent events have furthered my belief that he is town. Maybe I'm wrong. It happens. We are not always right. 

Though funny story - you were supposed to get the mask at first. I changed it from you to Dingo. 

So does misspelling a name. Though I get that you want an explanation for that, what happens if the explanation is simply, "I made a mistake?". By your own admission, they happen. 

IMO I think that there's a huge difference between mixing up something that you've already pointed out with evidence 7-8 hours ago and a blatant hard claim once. If he would have claimed that name correctly once and then misspelled it, then the possibility is there for a mistake. Making a mistake on a hard claim is a tough sell, especially when you're also claiming mason with a dead guy.

Second bolded, I did not ignore you. I responded and said that I thought it wasn't worth going into because nothing was confirmed with regards to that, so I didn't feel it was worth answering as it felt diversionary. I get that you may not love that answer, but it is an answer. 

If you guys want to vote James, I certainly understand it. I made a post about why I would not. For me there is enough there that makes his claim believable to me, while there is enough there for you to not believe it. Certainly understand that. Just a difference of opinion there. 

TBH, I'd prefer Dingo or Mission to James.

I'm not trusting outed scum to lynch anyone else. It seems contrived and convenient IMO.

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

MWils apology for the mixup and saying he owned up to his mistake stand out to me more than the actual mistake 

Yeah, I would have been better off just ghosting, not responding, dodging evidence easily linked back to me, and dodging town's questions with clear anti town behavior. Would you have preferred me saying "Meh, whatever. Dingo, James, who cares? They're two of my top 3 scum reads anyway."?

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

IMO I think that there's a huge difference between mixing up something that you've already pointed out with evidence 7-8 hours ago and a blatant hard claim once. If he would have claimed that name correctly once and then misspelled it, then the possibility is there for a mistake. Making a mistake on a hard claim is a tough sell, especially when you're also claiming mason with a dead guy.

TBH, I'd prefer Dingo or Mission to James.

I'm not trusting outed scum to lynch anyone else. It seems contrived and convenient IMO.

Absolutely. I'm not going to argue with that opinion because I do understand it. It's really more about what we wish to weigh more...you are weighing that very heavily, and I understand that. I'm looking at the data from Orca's death, Orca's undisclosed ability, James' comments and weighing that more heavily to establish my opinion of a believable claim. It's just a difference that we have in that regard, that's fine. 

Edited by Forge
disclosed - undisclosed

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I went with my read. His claim (and ability) were uncountered and sitting out there. The idea of having a guinea pig to test out the mask's actual ability was appealing as well. Subsequent events have furthered my belief that he is town. Maybe I'm wrong. It happens. We are not always right. 

I get it. You believe Rags and I don't. Fundamentally at the end of the day, that's what it boils down to. 

1. I don't believe him because he's scum

2. I don't know if Light/Misa will flip red or black

To me, that's enough to warrant pursuing other avenues.

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Though funny story - you were supposed to get the mask at first. I changed it from you to Dingo. 

LOL