Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

If he has a change of heart (“ok fine I won’t purposefully die, I’ll help my team”) we need to kill him. 

We should also keep votes on him throughout the day in case he tried to switch last second 

Just now, Dome said:

If he has a change of heart (“ok fine I won’t purposefully die, I’ll help my team”) we need to kill him. 

We should also keep votes on him throughout the day in case he tried to switch last second 

*tries to vote last second 

Just now, Dome said:

How come?

Because a, his claim still makes sense and is supported, and nobody's had given a reason why it's not. That's the most important thing

But b, he is in a vote or die situation. If he voted, you could always move the vote, but also if he's going to die anyway, you'd want him to die now while hanging another Target to limit seconds usage of the death note. You hang James, flips town, you hang someone else. That's two death note kills. 

But again, I actually want him to vote. He's claim is pretty well supported. 

Just now, Forge said:

But again, I actually want him to vote. He's claim is pretty well supported. 

I don’t know that it’s well supported so much as it makes sense.

we don’t know orcas role (yes I know it makes sense not to reveal it) 

but neither orca nor James appears to have left anything to support it. I think they would’ve done something. They certainly should have. 

The fiancé being in the writeup is just as much flavor as anything else, isn’t it?

So @Forge and @Dome, would you say that we should NOT vote James since he's apparently going to allow himself to be mod killed for failing to vote to prove that he's town, and, should he vote today at all in any capacity, we should automatically vote him tomorrow? Basically what I suggested with SwAg yesterday? (That aged well, *sigh*).

Forge you seem pretty confident on Dingo (I am not), while Dome and you are cleared basically, or at least as cleared as possible at this point. Has @Nazgul claimed yet? Also, UNVOTE for now

Mission and Naz still scare me the most as scum based upon activity or lack thereof.

Dingo's voting and jumping on Dome the night Mission had 3 votes on him and the subsequent 8-10 minute posts make me more than suspicious.

Counselor is a complete wildcard and I have no idea what to make there.

James seems willing to die for town...and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm leaning towards good because the probability and process of elimination to look at 4 guys instead of 5 even though it means losing town is potentially worth it.

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

James seems willing to die for town...

How is he dying “for town?”

hes doing the opposite. Quitting on his team if he is in fact town.

having two civs do that this game will be pretty damn annoying but now it’s to the point we have no choice but to lynch James if he changes his mind 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So @Forge and @Dome, would you say that we should NOT vote James since he's apparently going to allow himself to be mod killed for failing to vote to prove that he's town, and, should he vote today at all in any capacity, we should automatically vote him tomorrow? Basically what I suggested with SwAg yesterday? (That aged well, *sigh*).

Forge you seem pretty confident on Dingo (I am not), while Dome and you are cleared basically, or at least as cleared as possible at this point. Has @Nazgul claimed yet? Also, UNVOTE for now

Personally, I think James is legit telling the truth. I'd actually consider him more cleared than others at the current point in time lol. But I would understand the hesitancy. I think that claim, if a lie, is that damn good. 

That being said, yeah, if hanging James a legit thought, then I think you just let it run its course of action with the mod kill. If he votes without one of us asking him to, than I think you make the switch or he becomes the prime candidate the following day. 

Just now, Dome said:

How is he dying “for town?”

Like I said above:

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

and I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. I'm leaning towards good because the probability and process of elimination to look at 4 guys instead of 5 even though it means losing town is potentially worth it.

Just now, Dome said:

hes doing the opposite. Quitting on his team if he is in fact town.

If it's out of trying to help us play the odds since he's now claiming vanilla, then it at least makes sense.

Just now, Dome said:

having two civs do that this game will be pretty damn annoying but now it’s to the point we have no choice but to lynch James if he changes his mind 

Considering I used something on pwny after the Matts writeup, I was REALLY unhappy with that and then switched a move N4 on Swag. I'm 100% serious.

26 minutes ago, Dome said:

I don’t know that it’s well supported so much as it makes sense.

we don’t know orcas role (yes I know it makes sense not to reveal it) 

but neither orca nor James appears to have left anything to support it. I think they would’ve done something. They certainly should have. 

The fiancé being in the writeup is just as much flavor as anything else, isn’t it?

I think the lack of the role for Orca supports it. I think that the fiance being in the write up (always together, adds to the mason angle) but not named in the write up lends a certain degree of sincerity to it as well. It may not flat out support it, but circumstantially, I think that there is enough there that makes his claim ring true. Nobody has countered the character, and LIS, while the character itself isn't huge or anything, I don't think it would be unreasonable for the character to be in the game given some of the other characters who are known. Also, just reading James' thoughts on his role, the timing etc (kind of funny in context of being a mason) would make me believe it as well.