Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

Just now, MWil23 said:

I got NOTHING from pwny because he didn't use the note after Day 2 with Matts and he outed himself.

OK? So that tells you that you don't get feedback if the player doesn't go anywhere.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I've literally gotten ZERO feedback/pm from anyone since Malf sent his initial PM to me. 

Ok so that tells you you don't get feedback if the player doesn't go anywhere.

Are you certain you'd find out if you did block something?

Just now, MWil23 said:

TBH, I wonder if my block on scum would only have worked for Ted since he was a Serial Killer.

This has been discussed multiple times. Are you really just now wondering this?

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

SCREW IT

NAZ

if you think it's naz and counselor because you've cleared dingo, you should vote counselor.

that way if you're wrong he and his partner can't flip to win. 

His claim avoided my watch and jailkeep of course, but came about an hour after I hinted to forge that I had left hidden messages about the watch.

His activity could've peaked when he got that info and knew his claims would work. 

2 minutes ago, Dome said:

OK? So that tells you that you don't get feedback if the player doesn't go anywhere.

What if the player decides NOT to use their ability? Pwny's was a DAY move and didn't use it again. For all I know, Malf would have sent me a PM saying it worked during the day at a random time.

Ok so that tells you you don't get feedback if the player doesn't go anywhere.

Are you certain you'd find out if you did block something?

No idea either way.

This has been discussed multiple times. Are you really just now wondering this?

No, I'm not JUST NOW wondering it. TBH I'm wondering if I should have tried blocking Rags instead of my #1 scum read in Dingo at the time.

His claim avoided my watch and jailkeep of course, but came about an hour after I hinted to forge that I had left hidden messages about the watch.

His activity could've peaked when he got that info and knew his claims would work. 

I think this was true.

Let me look

@Nazgul got links to any of your claims or soft claims? the earlier the better.

if you think it's naz and counselor because you've cleared dingo, you should vote counselor.

that way if you're wrong he and his partner can't flip to win. 

I ordinarily agree with that, but I did exactly that in Overwatch and it cost town the game. I was 100% certain that Danger was scum, but went with my other scum read because of an ability/power and that cost us the game. I'm weighing right now:

1. I'm almost positive Naz is scum. He has claimed a nightly ability (no other town has that) and was largely inactive to get to this point (the last 24 hours). We don't KNOW that there are 2 left...there could be just one (unlikely but possible). So I want to go with my biggest scum read.

2. I'm unsure on Counselor/think that he's scum, and while Dingo is LIKELY cleared, he's not totally IF Counselor was scum. Counselor could be lying about his lie detector and could have actually made the hit instead of Dingo, but from what information I have, I'm choosing to believe Dingo is cleared.

10 minutes ago, Dome said:

@Counselor how do you feel about naz?

He’s definitely not clear to me. If that’s where you want to go Dome I trust you. I just don’t feel right about Mwil. The not wanting to vote James when that was clearly the best way to limit a massacre like last night. The defending of Swag. Him saying he was trying to take a hit but wouldn’t share his character name. The only character he could claim he used his move on, Dingo, he did it. Naz claimed he tracked Mwil already. I used my lie detect. So he can’t say he blocked us. Why would he block you? He was targeting Dingo so let me go say I used my role block on Dingo. The fake giving up like he just did with the gg scum. I don’t trust it. 

Alright. So I posted this hint to forge that lead to some not too difficult to find white font messages about how nobody actually visited forge.

18 hours ago, Dome said:
18 hours ago, Forge said:

Okay, I'll go back and read. I must have missed it. Be back a little later - lunch break is over lol. 

Look carefully

Naz was online at the time before and after this.

19 hours ago, Nazgul said:

How do we know that your username isn't a front for this very scenario?

19 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Obviously a joke. Why would anyone choose that name if they weren't a counselor.

18 hours ago, Nazgul said:

What if James comes back? Who then?

An hour later This exchange happens.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

@Nazgul

have your night moves given you any sort of reads?

17 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Previously, sure. Currently, not really?
Maybe someone else would get value out of my information, though I doubt it.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

I don't think sharing your info would be the worst thing in the world. Especially if you're getting no more info from your moves.

Maybe don't give your name up just yet. 

And I'm not saying I'm done with getting information. It's just that I don't get a lot of information with my role.
I'll share it - but I believe it was Forge earlier who told me to hold off.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

Why do what forge says?

You know how to play.

Barely, lol. But fair point.
I don't necessarily think that my role will lead back to my character - so it could be okay?

My power is called "Motion Detector." I can peek in someone's window each night and see if they were at home or not.
And that's all the information I get - a "They stayed at home" or "They were not at home."

With that said; I have used this nightly.
N1: MWill (Stayed Home), N2: Counselor (Stayed Home), N3: Squire (Failed), N4: Forge (Not Home), N5: James (Stayed Home)

I don't know why the Squire one failed. And I figure Forge being gone was the mask thing that we all knew about.

This claim gives us nothing that wasn't confirmed in the thread, or nothing that is confirmable now. Before this he was generally disinterested in helping. He just decided to claim when I asked him if he thought it would help or if he had any info. He was happy to share that he had no info for us, but it all matched up with what we already knew/could never know. 

Then he sticks around for a bit, while MWil has this struggle with lunacy (See Next Post)

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Classic. GG Forge. You played the long con and it worked. Hats off.

17 hours ago, Forge said:

ohhhh, now you're just howling. lol 

OMGUS alert

I claim my last ability tonight.

Forge: Gut says we should go MWil tonight. Let’s get him!

To be fair, a "let me use my ability tonight" could come off as simply buying time.

Yet, you're not contradicting what I've said...which I mentioned twenty hours before you just proposed what your ability is. 

17 hours ago, Dome said:

@MWil23 if you already claimed, post it again. No harm now.

Usually when people pull the "I already claimed" card they point back to a post nobody could've picked up on. Or it was so vague it could be anything. 

17 hours ago, Dome said:

Sounds like a really powerful move. Why haven't you used it yet?

If I get lynched go Dome or Forge tbh.

I ONLY HAVE 2

17 hours ago, Dome said:

Ha. 

Yeah, that sounds reasonable given that we were both outed characters by Swag, not to mention that Squire, who's no longer involved and was confirmed town upon death, cleared us both as well, I'm pretty sure. 

You're spiraling brother, and latching hard on to "you guys suck"

17 hours ago, Dome said:

This makes me wonder even more why you haven't used it. Look at how many 1-shots went early. You were claiming cleared civ based on my sensor, that puts a huge target on your back. Why not use it night 4?

Why did you save your move? How powerful is it that it has to be double restricted?

Whatever. I’d rather die than give you anything more. See you clowns closer to the deadline.

17 hours ago, Dome said:

Very town friendly of you. 

Gives us a lot of reason to trust you. 

15 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Mission

Reminder, I have a softball game soon.

I'll try and get on my phone here and there but no promises.

15 hours ago, Nazgul said:

Like I said, I'll try to be on via my phone.

Suddenly naz wants to make sure we know his whereabouts and understand why he's gone. I haven't seen that I don't think.

Basically.... naz has given us nothing that wasn't in thread or can't be confirmed anyways.

He didn't help at all before that and I'm really not sure he's helped us at all even with it.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Alright. So I posted this hint to forge that lead to some not too difficult to find white font messages about how nobody actually visited forge.

Naz was online at the time before and after this.

An hour later This exchange happens.

This claim gives us nothing that wasn't confirmed in the thread, or nothing that is confirmable now. Before this he was generally disinterested in helping. He just decided to claim when I asked him if he thought it would help or if he had any info. He was happy to share that he had no info for us, but it all matched up with what we already knew/could never know. 

So, Naz lied about his ability/when he used it and then we weren't informed that someone came to visit us when we went nowhere? I find that hard to believe.

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

Then he sticks around for a bit, while MWil has this struggle with lunacy (See Next Post)

I was angry and had to step away for a few hours...plus we had a game night at a couple friends' house.

Do we think it's 1 left or two?

And if it's two do with think they're on the same team or 1:1?

Rags: Black

Utley: Red

Swag: Red

Ted: Serial Killer

I would assume that LIGHT would flip Red since Misa/SwAg did and Forge said that Utley's character basically worshiped Misa and Light. Rags claimed to be solo/secondary mafia, so it's hard to say/depends on whether or not you believe him. Someone yesterday said that they would be surprised if "secondary mafia" was just 1 person.