2019 NHL Draft Thread

flyers0909

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

And Florida takes my Robertson fallback. Damn.

Kokkonen is still out there for me. I've been on his bandwagon for a while. I think it's a bottom 4 d-man in the league. Not a great skater, but he's got everything else. Just one of those dudes who's going to come over relatively quickly, play bottom 4 minutes and not kill you. I think that's really good at this point in the draft. The ceiling just isn't there. 

Just now, Forge said:

Kokkonen is still out there for me. I've been on his bandwagon for a while. I think it's a bottom 4 d-man in the league. Not a great skater, but he's got everything else. Just one of those dudes who's going to come over relatively quickly, play bottom 4 minutes and not kill you. I think that's really good at this point in the draft. The ceiling just isn't there. 

Think he's a 3rd or 4th round target for us. I think we'll go upside with 55 and 61.

Just now, beekay414 said:

Deep draft, homie. In Castron I trust.

Yeah, But that's a big drop for me. They must really like some of the middle rounders. I think that there's a considerable difference at some of the players available now as to who will be available at those spots. 

But none of these guys are available to play for us next year (well, except maybe Leason), so I get it. Just adding depth to the farm system. We need an infusion. 

Just now, Forge said:

Yeah, But that's a big drop for me. They must really like some of the middle rounders. I think that there's a considerable difference at some of the players available now as to who will be available at those spots. 

But none of these guys are available to play for us next year (well, except maybe Leason), so I get it. Just adding depth to the farm system. We need an infusion. 

Yep. Like I've said before, this is the draft that's going to sustain our success. Deep draft, very little difference between who is on the board now and who will be on the board in the late 3rd.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I don't like that pick by the Devils, but whatever. We have a ton more lol

He's something we don't have in our system and IIRC he plays with one of our prospects so we've probably gotten an extended look at him. I'm fine with it. In Raymundo, We Trust.

Really surprised by some of the guys still available at this point. Guys like Legare, Honka (he had a great -1 draft year, i Know that he struggled this year, but I thought he would have gone this year), Puistola going just now. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Really surprised by some of the guys still available at this point. Guys like Legare, Honka (he had a great -1 draft year, i Know that he struggled this year, but I thought he would have gone this year), Puistola going just now. 

Pens traded up for Legare.