Who are the worthwhile recent cuts?

RaidersAreOne

On 9/2/2017 at 2:05 PM, 49erurtaza said:

quinton dial is a starter at 3-4 DE he didn't fit in our new D scheme. He's good player will be a steal with what he signs with. 

If what you're saying is true, Dial could be a nice addition to the GB defense.  I can't say I know a lot about him.

Rob Demovsky  ESPN Staff Writer 

The Packers will host veteran DE Quinton Dial on a free-agent visit on Monday, his agent confirmed to ESPN. He started 30 games over the last three years.

Titans just cut Lelito to bring back Schwenke. Lelito didn't have a very good camp but in recent years he's been a solid reserve o-lineman for the Saints, certainly an upgrade for some teams in o-line depth.

Hell, given the state of most NFL o-lines, he could probably start on a few.

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The Jags cut Brandon Allen? Why?

Why not?  Having 3 bad quarterbacks on the roster isn't particularly better than having 2 bad quarterbacks.  Can't exactly do QB by committee.  xD  Allen was the 3rd best of 3 bad ones.

It's mildly funny because the Jags front office clearly expected to slip him through to the PS where he probably belongs...and that didn't happen.  Maybe with some more work he rounds into a serviceable backup QB, maybe not.  No skin off my back losing him though.

Only thing he might've come in handy for, is if they decide to bubble-wrap Bortles at some point in the season and need that 3rd QB.  In which case, i'm sure they'll find somebody to fill in just fine.  Maybe call up Todd Bouman on his tractor again.  Whatever.

Archived