Sammie Coates traded to Browns

trbst11

What the hell?  give up a scrub that you WASTED a 3rd rounder on plus a 7, just to get a 6?  Obviously they were going to cut him and that's all the could get.  But still.  I guess you could look at it like the 7 is pick 248 and you used Coates to move up to 185 (that's where the respective picks were last year and should be similar this year).  But 63 spots, basically the end of 7, to the start of the 6, after you wasted a 3rd rounder on him just 2 years ago.  Like I said, dude's a scrub.  I still would've kept him over DHB though.  

8 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Where's there a dislike button for a post.  Go on ranting about the dude is a scrub then say you would have kept him over the lesser version of the same guy?

Its posts like that which kinda makes me hope that Sammie takes a poo on us.

Half price.  Get a clue dude.  He's the same damn thing as DHB, and half the price, so of course I'd keep him if I'm keeping one of the two.  He's also younger, so there's a chance he'd improve, whereas DHB is a finished product.  Neither of them contribute anything than someone that can get open deep and you have a 50/50 chance at them actually catching the ball, as well as being good gunners last year.  So go dislike it all you want, I don't give a damn.  Everything I said was 100% true and accurate.  Neither of them are any good as real WRs, but if you're keeping one, you keep the younger, cheaper one.  

6 hours ago, SlevinKelevra said:

so basically they traded 21 ypc and 2 TDs  for 3 tackles.

This makes no sense.

Ive defended Coates alot over the last year....but he was on the roster bubble.   I wish we wouldve kept him over DHB, but if we were going to cut him, at least got something for him.

11 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

This makes no sense.

Ive defended Coates alot over the last year....but he was on the roster bubble.   I wish we wouldve kept him over DHB, but if we were going to cut him, at least got something for him.

I think the decision was likely between Coates and DHB not making the team and they weren't going to get any draft assets by getting rid of DHB.

52 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Which, IMO, is the stupidest reason to make a trade. 

Why? If you feel that the two players are about equivalent in what they offer, why not get something for one of them? I'm not saying that they did it just because Coates is someone that could get a draft pick, but instead that it was a tie breaker of sorts. It would be stupid to not get some draft capital.

14 hours ago, skywlker32 said:

Why? If you feel that the two players are about equivalent in what they offer, why not get something for one of them? I'm not saying that they did it just because Coates is someone that could get a draft pick, but instead that it was a tie breaker of sorts. It would be stupid to not get some draft capital.

Personally tie breaker #1 would have been "who played with mangled hands and didn't complain".  Then I would use who's younger and more likely to grow.

Archived