Bears Worst Offseason in NFL?

dll2000

Oh John Fox I defended you (kind of). 

On ESPN live Fox and D. Woody both said Bears had worst off season of any team in NFL.

Any team.

It was quick take so not a lot of details were given, Woody said because they lost Fangio and Fox said because they didnt have a kicker so they cant kick field goals after turnovers.   Presumably they were both factoring in lack of draft picks and FA class as well. 

1) Saying Bears D will be much weaker with Pagano is a slap to him.  2. I guess Fox is assuming any kicker they get will suck and they wont be able to score any touchdowns to boot.  A slap to MT and offense.

I mean Jets spent a bunch of money questionably and then fired their GM after he spent that money ran the draft and hired a coach. 

Texans fired their GM and went into draft solely to draft OL, got snaked on top OT prospect and then took a small school guy many had as a third round project.  And some reports are saying he hasnt looked good so far. Not sure I buy that since nothing has happened with pads yet. 

KC second offensive best player and probably second best player overall is suspended indefinitely.  That isnt good news. 

Gronk retired and wasn't replaced, but everyone is scared to say anything about a Patriots offseason since they always make their personnel work. 

What are the Dolphins doing? 

8 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Oh John Fox I defended you (kind of). 

On ESPN live Fox and D. Woody both said Bears had worst off season of any team in NFL.

Any team.

It was quick take so not a lot of details were given, Woody said because they lost Fangio and Fox said because they didnt have a kicker so they cant kick field goals after turnovers.   Presumably they were both factoring in lack of draft picks and FA class as well. 

1) Saying Bears D will be much weaker with Pagano is a slap to him.  2. I guess Fox is assuming any kicker they get will suck and they wont be able to score any touchdowns to boot.  A slap to MT and offense.

I mean Jets spent a bunch of money questionably and then fired their GM after he spent that money ran the draft and hired a coach. 

Texans fired their GM and went into draft solely to draft OL, got snaked on top OT prospect and then took a small school guy many had as a third round project.  And some reports are saying he hasnt looked good so far. Not sure I buy that since nothing has happened with pads yet. 

KC second offensive best player and probably second best player overall is suspended indefinitely.  That isnt good news. 

Gronk retired and wasn't replaced, but everyone is scared to say anything about a Patriots offseason since they always make their personnel work. 

What are the Dolphins doing? 

The superficial logic behind this is lazy and sad.  Fox sounds like a bitter ex-girlfriend here.

• Like 4

Sorry brother.  Didn't see you had this covered.  I'll delete mine.

soulman

• soulman
  • Members
  • 1,550 posts

And what second losingest HC in 100 years created the Bears kicking problems by cutting a PK whose made 94% of all (FG/PAT) since and replaced him with Connor Barth?  Barth hasn't even been in the league since you cut him ten games into the 2017 season.

Smooth move Jules you worthless arrogant asshat. asshat-1.jpg

Now that ESPN hired him as an analyst I REALLY want to see Nagy and Mitch take this team to the Super Bowl.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

And I didn't see you made that comment.  LOL.

I was just kidding above anyway.

Oh I know.  I was posting the thread and comment before I checked the front page which I typically do but I'm multi-tasking away this AM so I skipped that step and should not have.  My bad.

Anyway, what a complete jerk.  How quickly Nagy turned the team around has to really be eating at the old coot.

He was as bad off the field making personnel decisions as he was on the field with his ancient schemes and stupid challenges.  I should be surprise he even got an analysts job but then it's with ESPN so I'll consider the source.

One thing is for certain.  Any NFL team who ever hires him again would have to be out of their minds.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

We need to revisit his tenure here. I thought he mailed it in, but this has given me reason to believe Fox really is suffering from Alzheimer's. I'm surprised they could get him to comment with a coloring book and apple juice in hand. 

I think it was hidden under his desk and given to him as a surprise only after he made his comments. ;)

I can't honestly say whether or not he's becoming senile but when I compare his pressers here when he first arrived to coach Denver vs those his last year coaching the Bears you can see his mental faculties have slowed and he'd became far more defensive and short with the media.  Some of his responses even seemed delusional.

There was also his prior comments about being surprised he was being let go by Elway after having won the AFCW and making the playoffs each year.  Given how poorly his teams played in the playoffs and had gotten their *** kicked in the Super Bowl all because they came so unprepared he should not have been surprised at all.

It's pretty obvious based on the success of younger HCs around the league and team hiring even more younger guys with great offensive minds that the game has passed the older more conservative guys like Fox by.  When you compare the current attitude and culture of this bunch to the teams Fox coached realistically we can't even say he improved the culture much if at all.  That's tough to do when you're nearly twice as bad as the guy you replaced.  Trestman may have been a joke but the fire in John Fox's belly had gone out long before we hired him.  It was a very poor effort by him.

Havent had ESPN in forever.  Looks like I am not missing much if that is panel line up they are throwing out there. 

Sad that I enjoy amateur podcasts and youtube videos more than professional  well funded productions.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Havent had ESPN in forever.  Looks like I am not missing much if that is panel line up they are throwing out there. 

Sad that I enjoy amateur podcasts and youtube videos more than professional  well funded productions.  

Fascinating times to live in, where so many people are getting information and opinions from non-tradtional sources.  This forum and the Adam's podcast are my favorite ways to stay informed.  Works great for sports! Other things perhaps not so much. 

What I really wish is that there were journo's who would give the detailed info the Bears refuse to let them share from practice and camp.

• Like 2

Guys like the "Adam's".....Hoge and Jahns provide some very informed Podcasts and there others as well.  I've always been a fan of Adam Jahns.  He's undoubtedly a Bears supporter but not so obscenely "homerish" he's unwilling to call them as he sees them.  He's like the kid in "The Emperor's New Clothes" when he needs to be and I like that viewpoint.

I also like Jonathan Woods "Data Entry" blogs because he's giving us info and stats from which we can draw our own conclusions vs someone like PFF who seem to believe their metrics and ratings are all that really count.  That kind of arrogance doesn't sit well with many including me and I no longer follow their site.  It's garbage in = garbage out in many cases.

In this era we need far more of these more independent Podcasts and Blogs that compete with those who have a predetermined agenda and require their media persona to stick to it when discussing it on the air or in print.  We see far too much of that in other places and it is intentionally dishonest and manipulative to a fault.

• Like 1

I listen to Adam and Jahns, Locked on Bears, Bears Talk Underground, The Chicago Audible and the official Bears podcast.

That is about order I prefer them too.

Adam and Jahns are beat reporters so they are most plugged in.  They also have well reasoned opinions even if I don't always agree.  Locked on and Bears Talk have good nuggets here and there.  The Chicago Audible are good kids, but I have trouble relating to them because of age gap.  Their chats with podcasters of our opponents are really informative though.  The official podcast with Miller, Thayer and Joniak is mostly way too vanilla for me.  You can get one or two things only from an interview they do.  They get best guests so I listen to them.

I am still willing to record Skype video calls and throw them on youtube if anyone wants to do that once a week.  We would have to be topically prepared though.  Hit me up if you have Skype.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I listen to Adam and Jahns, Locked on Bears, Bears Talk Underground, The Chicago Audible and the official Bears podcast.

That is about order I prefer them too.

Adam and Jahns are beat reporters so they are most plugged in.  They also have well reasoned opinions even if I don't always agree.  Locked on and Bears Talk have good nuggets here and there.  The Chicago Audible are good kids, but I have trouble relating to them because of age gap.  Their chats with podcasters of our opponents are really informative though.  The official podcast with Miller, Thayer and Joniak is mostly way too vanilla for me.  You can get one or two things only from an interview they do.  They get best guests so I listen to them.

I am still willing to record Skype video calls and throw them on youtube if anyone wants to do that once a week.  We would have to be topically prepared though.  Hit me up if you have Skype.

If we could do it Monday I wouldnt mind.