Nothland's Reality Check Part 2

Northland

I thought I would provide an update on my son William and his cancer journey.  He had surgery yesterday as well as a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and bone marrow aspiration.  All went as well as could be expected.  The surgeon was able to remove the entire cancerous lymph node in question from his neck as well as several other nodes close by.  The spinal and bone marrow procedures went off without a hitch.  Now we wait for pathology to confirm the diagnosis.  I'm telling you one of the hardest things I've experienced as a parent was watching them take him away for surgery.  You have to keep your emotions in check.  The last thing you want is to lose your composure.  It would freak him out.  I just told Will that before he knew it he would be waking up.   I have to say he is a pretty tough young man.  Three procedures and no complaints.  The neck is bothering him more than his back.  Another day in hospital and he should be ready to come home.

Take care of yourselves.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, Northland said:

I thought I would provide an update on my son William and his cancer journey.  He had surgery yesterday as well as a lumbar puncture (spinal tap) and bone marrow aspiration.  All went as well as could be expected.  The surgeon was able to remove the entire cancerous lymph node in question from his neck as well as several other nodes close by.  The spinal and bone marrow procedures went off without a hitch.  Now we wait for pathology to confirm the diagnosis.  I'm telling you one of the hardest things I've experienced as a parent was watching them take him away for surgery.  You have to keep your emotions in check.  The last thing you want is to lose your composure.  It would freak him out.  I just told Will that before he knew it he would be waking up.   I have to say he is a pretty tough young man.  Three procedures and no complaints.  The neck is bothering him more than his back.  Another day in hospital and he should be ready to come home.

Take care of yourselves.

The neck is probably bothering him more because he can't look around without it. It'll heal up

• Like 1

The patient is home.  A little sore and a little tired but happy to be home.  Now we sit around and wait.  Follow up with the surgeon in 3 weeks.  Will has to lay low for that time.  No Crossfit with Dad.  Your kind thoughts and positive messages mean a lot.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Northland said:

The patient is home.  A little sore and a little tired but happy to be home.  Now we sit around and wait.  Follow up with the surgeon in 3 weeks.  Will has to lay low for that time.  No Crossfit with Dad.  Your kind thoughts and positive messages mean a lot.

We’re with you and your boy, Northland. You know that.